25 - Kuro Neko

I have so many thoughts about Kuro Neko.

*

[SPOILERS FOR MLB S4, KURO NEKO]

Ok, first things first, this episode had some really good scope for Adrien's character development, but they went ahead and butchered it again.

Let's just start from the top.

Lots of things confused me; Why wasn't Chat going into battle? I mean, it's not like Ladybug personally hands him his miraculous, he can enter any battle at any time since he's got just as much authority over his miraculous, his battles as Ladybug has over her own.

Then why is he sitting on his couch watching TV as if he's not a part of the 'most-important-superduo' of Paris?

Second, Ladybug's dialogue didn't fit right, 'He's a partner like any other.'

Why would someone who's said 'You're irreplaceable, Chat', and 'Ladybug alone doesn't sound half as cool as Ladybug and Chat Noir', and 'You're more than just a partner, Chat. You're my friend" say something like that? It doesn't make sense.

At this point, are they just trying to make us all hate Ladybug?

Next, the one thing that I liked is that Chat actually got angry because of Ladybug, and it's honestly character growth. He isn't the same 'M'lady say, I do' sort of a person. He knows he's got feelings of his own too now, and he's expressing them. He's starting to let his angry-side show as well (take Hack-san for example, he was angry at Scarabella because he thought she stole the miraculous), he was sad in Rocketear because Ladybug was keeping secrets from him, and now he's mad enough at Ladybug to actually shout at her. He's standing up for himself and I like that.

Next important thing: this lil shit finally has pajamas. This dude slept in jeans for over 3 seasons.

Adrien was a whole entire mood in this episode. I'm sorry, back to track:

Compared to NY when Chat gave up his miraculous first, Ladybug seemed so little concerned or bothered. In fact, she even tried to think of it as a good opportunity to look for a partner who wasn't in love with her. That is so out of character and I hate that the writers are making such a mess out of her.

This episode seemed really rushed, especially when you compare it to NY special. Their fight, the way Chat gives up his miraculous, his sorrow and regret, how Marinette also regrets saying such things, the way they make up, the way Ladybug just straight hugs her kitty the second he got back,

Compared to that, this episode was bullshit.

The only hints Ladybug showed of missing Chat was that one time when she told that girl, "I lost my kitty too." And it lasted for like, 3 seconds?

There was no proper conversation when they re-united after Chat literally gave up his miraculous. Like, there was a possibility that Ladybug could never meet him again, and she didn't even hug him, or say sorry, or that she missed him. Nothing. It was like it had never happened.

Just a 'You're irreplaceable.'

Honestly, this held less meaning than the first 'irreplaceable' back in Anansi.

Moving on, I'm sorry to say this, but I absolutely hated the way Plagg acted in this. I mean, I know he was trying really hard to help Adrien retain the miraculous, but forcing him to take away the one breath of freedom he had as Chat? Not cool. I love Plagg, it's just that the situation here was something he couldn't get out of without acting this way.