113 - Vesperia

I would like to personally apologize to everyone who was uncomfortable due to the no-bold texts in the last chapter.

yes, I am sure, that's the only thing I need to apologize for.

the million spelling errors that probably triggered so many people:

*

No this is totally not because I forgot to add Vesperia in the Covid chapter.

*

This was completely random, and idk how it hit me, but we need to talk about this.

*

I don't like Chloe in season 4. I'll say it. And I like Vesperia. I'll say it too. 

And exactly because I like her, I'm going to write this chapter today.

Vesperia summarized in one sentence is just:

Wasted character potential.

Think about it.

She's practically just used as someone they had to use instead of Queen Bee. 

She doesn't have any defining features of her own, something that makes her different.

She's practically like Luka.

And while I love and simp for Luka, I hate his character.

If I had to explain their character, it'd be like this:

They're good people, but they're bad characters.

Luka's almost too good to be true, he doesn't get jealous, he supports his girlfriend's crush on someone else, he breaks up when she says without demanding answers, he even finds out Ladybug and Chat Noir's secret identities and he STILL doesn't play a major enough role.

We didn't get any follow-up on what Luka felt when he found out. What he realized after that. What Marinette's reasons for the breakup actually were. 

He just smiles and accepts it.

He's a good person.

He's a bad character.

But enough about him, this is about Vesperia.

She's got the defining characteristics of Luka AND Marinette, and that's all she has going on for her.

They could have gone places with her character if only they'd thought of her as something more than Chloe's replacement. 

Think of her background, she's a transfer student, AND she's Chloe's half-sister.

Meaning that growing up, at some point, she must have realized that her mother is a cheater. Or someone who's had an affair. She must have had to face the fact that she has another father somewhere and another sister somewhere and it's all her mother's fault.

We've seen how neglectful Audrey is with Chloe, who always tries so hard to impress her, even copying her personality along the way.

It's possible she also treats Zoe the same way because she's the complete opposite of her mother. 

We could have had a conflicting character arc wherein she has to leave her real father behind to follow her mother who she KNOWS does not love her.

She should have rightfully acted like Chloe upon finding that she has a half-sister, she should have lashed out, she should have not just accepted that shit like a stray dog accepting a cookie.

Instead, all we got was a cliche Mary Sue, who's creative, has dyed hair, befriends the main character within 3 minutes, loves her sister she barely knows, and becomes a superhero in 2 episodes. 

She could have had such an amazing character, and I'm disappointed they replaced someone with an actual personality with such a bland character.

The double-personality thing she did in the beginning was actually pretty good, and I really liked that, but then that didn't continue for a long time so it was a letdown.

And by no means will I say she's not a good choice for the miraculous especially after what Chloe did, because if I was a hero, and I had to choose, I'd pick her over Ladybug herself any day.

Because she has no flaws. 

She's friendly, she's smart, mingles with anyone, comes up with ideas, and knows how to turn hate into love.

She's too good.

And no, I will not encourage people saying 'Queen Bee is so much better than Vesperia' because Queen fucked up, and she paid the price for it. 

Vesperia won Marinette over, and she's earned her right over the miraculous.

She's a good person.

But that doesn't mean she's a good character.

*

I rest my case, your honor.

*

Chat, walking into the Team Headquarters: Hey, M'lady, I don't wanna be a bother or anything, I just wanted to see if you're free or anything, and it's perfectly fine if you're not, I can come back later. I just got shot a couple of times, but it's okay, nothing too important, anyway, if you're busy, is there somewhere I can sit and wait?

Ladybug, literally hyperventilating: CHAT GET TO THE HOSPITAL I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD-