61 - Strike Back

That's it.

I've decided.

I'm gonna name my kid what they name the hamster.

*

I have literally NO words for the Finale.

It was REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

BUT NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR WHAT, MONTHS? YEARS? FOR SEASON 5?!

I CAN'T

TAKE THIS.

*

<this person had to excuse herself for half an hour because she was screaming>

*

OHK, LET'S RANT.

FIRST,

Felix betrayed Ladybug.

AND HERE I THOUGHT HE WAS STARTING TO BE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.

Man just wanted his freedom in exchange, hE COULD HAVE TRADED THE PEACOCK MIRACULOUS FOR JUST A FEW MIRACULOUS?! NOT THE ENTIRE MF MIRACLE BOX.

I'M MAD AT HIM FOR THIS.

NEXT,

COUP DE FOUDRE OR WHATEVER HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN CHAT ASKED LADYBUG TO GET UP.

I'm so happy for that scene, not just because it's Ladynoir, but also because my girl LB finally realized and acknowledged her sidelining Chat, and she apologized for that. My baby Chat's so strong too. Even after everything he faced, even after fighting LB at the beginning of the episode, and even after finding out the secrets she hid from him, 

he's still on her side.

He's still calling her, 'M'lady', he's still being her one sole support every time she feels down.

In every season finale yet, there's the same pattern, but it just gets better.

Ladybug starts feeling low, she feels like she fucked up everything, she cries and feels like a failure.

And Chat always comforts her.

Origins: "Trust me on this one, kay?"

Heroes Day: "Then let's go back to what's always worked! A duo! You and me against the world, M'lady!"

Battle of the MIraculous: "The important thing is that we save Master Fu. And we'll need a focused Ladybug for that. Forget about what happened, okay?"

"Thanks, Cat. You're always here for me."

"Always, little bug."

I.

LOVE.

CHAT.

NOIR.

*

Moving on, Ladybug's panic attack (?) could have been animated better, but the voice acting was on point. I wanna see Christina Vee live up to that standard in the English dub too.

Now, Shadowmoth (All-miraculous-moth?) has the miraculous, and everything's fucked. Felix, I hate you for this. 

Yes, I know he felt bad, with the whole, "I'm sorry." thing, but that doesn't justify what he did. He was way too self-centered, and a bad bargain. He didn't have to give up the whole mIRACLE BOX.

And Ladybug is also at fault here. Despite knowing she was under Risk's influence, she went to Adrien (Felix) and gave him the miraculous. Ohk, fine, that wasn't that big of a mistake, but telling him about her yoyo, the miracle box, and the miraculous was a bit of a stupid thing to do.

One thing though, I don't think Felix purposely set Paris up for doom. Remember the line, "You can time travel too?!"

Felix wasn't being a naive, childlike cinnamon roll here (he was acting like one, sure, to make LB think he was Adrien), everything he asked LB was connected to a goal he had in mind.

The question about the yoyo, the words he needed to say to get what he touched back, the incantation, everything he asked her, he asked her with an ulterior motive.

What if he thought that she could use the bunny miraculous to go back in time? Maybe he switched the real bunny miraculous? Or maybe he thought that she could somehow use the powers of the rabbit by taking the miraculous back from Shadowmoth?

This is an extremely vague and far-fetched idea, but since Felix did look somewhat remorseful about doing what he did, maybe, just maybe, there's a route to redemption still open for him?

I have no idea anymore.

*

Fuck I forgot what else I wanted to rant about.

Lemme know if you guys have any theories or not?

*

I was searching for incorrect quotes, for obvious reasons, and I came up with one myself (half inspired?)

Manon: Playing Hide-and-seek with Marinette gets boring real fast.

Manon: All I have to do is this.

Manon: Radiant—

Marinette, screaming from behind a Dr. Pepper vending machine: CAREFREE! DREAMY! ADRIEN, THE FRA-

Manon: Found you.

*

now,

have an unoriginal one.

*

Kim: What if ducks threw bread back at you?

Alix: Then you'd have to duck.

Max: I hate you both.