37

The lady who had just entered the room, introduced herself as Seokjin's doctor throughout the process of birth.

"You don't need to worry Mr. Kim, everything will be alright. As my fellow doctor explained before, his condition is the most normal it can be. So that's why we are trying to keep it normal until the very end. And until and unless, unfortunately, something goes wrong and we have no other option then cesarean, he is going to give a normal birth." She explained them again, somewhat easing their tension.

"OK but, there is some sort of injections to relieve the pain from contractions, won't you give him that?" Namjoon asked, seeing his mate's contorted face who was having yet another contraction, and quite a strong one.

"Oh you mean epidural?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah that one. I had heard it helps with the labor pain." Namjoon replied now massaging his hand a little that was in Seokjin's grip a moment before.

"Yeah it does. And actually I was talking about that with a senior doctor before coming here. But there are quite some points I would like you guys to know about epidural." The doctor started and after getting nods from the parents to be, continued to explain.

"1st of all, an epidural hardly has an effect for more than an hour. And since we are trying to have a normal delivery, the labor will be 4 hours at the least. And we can't give more than one epidural on the same day. Because, of course its steroid injection, so it has its side effects." Namjoon nodded in understanding.

"2ndly, usually an epidural causes low blood pressure, nausea and light-headedness, and it can sometimes make it hard for the baby to get into right position for delivery. On long term effects, it can lead to babies having struggle with latching-on in breastfeeding." She took a break to not over burden them with information.

"And lastly, that is basically the purpose of an epidural. It temporarily numbs the spinal nerves, which then blocks pain signals and that's how it reliefs pain. But, in multiple births, it is hard to inject epidural perfectly and there are high chances of it hitting the nerve wrongly and causing a permanent loss of feeling in your lower region. And as I said before, it sometimes makes it hard for babies to get in right position for delivery, and in multiple birth, everything gets multiple hard." She finished, almost giving a heart attack to the male in labor.

"Namjoon no. Never. I'm OK with this pain. I don't wanna risk our babies. I can handle this." Seokjin said shaking his head.

"But doctor, if its that dangerous, why do you guys use it?" Taehyung questioned the lady.

"Well, if its used with all precautions and in correct situations, then its quite helpful. I mean like in single baby births, or expert doctors use for twins and even triplet births too, especially if the pregnant parent is strong enough to recover before it causes a permanent damage, like alphas and females since female bodies are really flexible and quite fast in recovery during and after pregnancy." She answered the curious boy's question.

"But he is a male and since we are an alpha-omega couple, we expect more babies than twins or triplets, and omegas don't recover that fast, so it can cause him severe problems. Right?" Namjoon asked, more like explained for everyone, and the doctor agreed with a nod.

"So in simple words, you are not giving hyung an epidural because it is not safe for him." Jungkook, for the first time since they entered the room, spoke. But the simplicity of his sentence caused everyone to chuckle fondly at him.

"Yes dear. You are right." The doctor told him smiling before biding them goodbye for a little while and leaving the four alone in the room. Well not 'alone' since they are four, but yeah.

________________

Hello everyone.

Sorry for taking such long. Actually I had noticed many problems in previous chapters that were contradicting and causing confusion. So I thought about correcting them first and it took me quite some time.

Well now this chapter is here. I hope you guys enjoyed it. And from now on, I will try to update faster and after rechecking it so that there won't be any problems like before.

Have a nice day/night everyone.