Chapter 4

Kotaro's POV

The sun had set and it was dark, the street lights were on as I walked through the road occasionally, taking a look at the map to check if I'm going in the right direction. Finally I reached where I'm supposed to be after many twists and turns. I took a look at the house and saw it to be a two story building, simple but well looked after, one could almost feel the love put into it by looking cleanliness around it.

I took a look at my phone to search which would my room would be. The message said room 201. Most likely on the second floor. I got up to the second and saw the nameplate on the door reading '201'. I was right. I found the key under the mat as the message had specified.

I wanted to go meet the landlady but looking at the time I felt like I should just meet her tomorrow.

I put the key in the keyhole and twisted it and turned the knob and pushed the door to enter inside. After turning on the light I looked around the room

 After turning on the light I looked around the room

The room looked spacious enough for me. I looked around to find some boxes lying around.
(Mostly mine..)
All the things were in still in boxes as I realized that I had probably just moved the day before this and didn't bother to remove the things and place them in their respective spaces. I sighed already tired before even beginning.

(Not much choice other than doing it now.) I rolled up my sleeves and began..

Timeskip

3rd POV

Kotaro was laying down on bed after placing all his possessions in their places and no more boxes lying around.
He closed his eyes and let sleep take over immediately.

He was sitting on a chair near a familiar looking silver haired girl in bed. Her eyes were closed. He placed a hand on her forehead to gauge the temperature. She was too warm. He took his hand back. Then he heard the door behind him open and saw a young girl with black hair and blue highlights enter with a basin filled with water.

"Ko-onii chan, how is she?" She asked worriedly.

"She's a bit warm but we can fix that." He smiled and patted her head before taking the basin of her hands and placing it on the table near the bed. He took the cloth in the basin ,twisted it to remove excess water and was about to place it on her when she woke up and caught his hand tightly.

Her eyes looked cold and lifeless.
"You should let go if you know what's best for you." A woman's voice from the door said.

"You're squad is dead and you are the only one left". The woman who sported blond hair with drills said.

"You are going to kill me?" The silver haired girl asked emotionlessly.