Chapter 63

Kotaro's POV

We both heard footsteps and when we turned We saw Kiana and Senti approaching us.

Their approach concluded my talk with the doctor.

"Looks like congratulations are in order." Dr.MEI said joyfully.

Senti who looked especially annoyed approached the doctor and reached for her collar.

"Hey, what the hell just happened?" She demanded coldly.

"You knew it all along, right?"

"What should I say? It never hurts to try?" Dr.MEI said casually. "I don't have a deep understanding of kind control, but I have studied discipline before."

"In a broad sense, the SWARA on you does come from my research."

".....It's called Edge of taixuan now." Senti said.

"The name matters not. In essence Edge of taixuan is a spiritual restraint, just like disci-"

"Right. Sorry to disturb your little squabble. But I'll summarize to save time." I interrupted them.

"Basically speaking, she made a fool out of you, so that Kiana can breakthrough some of her shackles."

"But why-" Senti started.

"The reason your restraints were not affected is due to you not having your herrscher core with you right now. Satisfied?"

Senti looked like she was having difficulty with choosing to be annoyed at me or accepting my answer, so I looked at Dr.MEI with a raised eyebrow.

"What he said is not far from the truth."

An old man once said that only the sith deals in absolutes. I didn't realise Dr.MEI was a jedi.

"Is it that hard for you to just nod your head and say it's correct? Or do you take pleasure in being vague?" I sighed.

Dr.MEI giggled happily as if I made a big joke and the herrscher of finality was about to jump out of nowhere and start dancing while laughing at me.

Crap now I can't get that image out of my head.

"Alright, enough jokes. Are you going to reunite with your partners?" She asked again.

"But It'd be rash to take the only path ahead now. Because some people are having an unusual 'exchange' behind our backs as we speak."

"?" Kiana tilted her head in question.

In a split second, I reached back, grabbed my phone, took her picture and put it back in my pocket.

"........" Senti stared.

"........" Dr.MEI was smiling as usual.

"Ko-senpai....." Kiana looked worried.

"Memories Kiana. Who knows when something will happen." I said and coughed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kiana followed me as we reached where Mei and Bronya were supposed to be.

"Mei-senpai, Bronya, you guys...." Kiana said as she approached them.

"Nothing, just a heart-to-heart talk. Right, Bronya?"

"....Mhm. I was feeling happy, so I decided to spar with Mei." Bronya replied.

"Whaat? You guys should have called me." I said nonchalantly.

"That time you looked like you were seriously thinking about something, so I didn't want to intrude." Mei replied.

"Kiana, how are things going  going along on your side?" Willfully ignoring me she asked Kiana.