Chapter 9

Kotaro's POV

I was sitting in the waiting room near the medical bay where Kiana was being treated. The room was empty.

'Level increased to 10'

'All stats increased by 30'

'Honkai resistance increased by 50.'

'New feature unlocked-honkai adaptability.'

'Honkai adaptability?' I asked Sil. I can guess what it is but wouldn't hurt to hear a full explanation of it.

'Yes Master. Did you notice that even though you just absorbed a bit of honkai energy from Mei your body started getting zombified?'

'Yeah.'

'Your body already had high amount of unused honkai energy in it. So when you tried absorbing more, the resistance failed and you started to zombify.'

'Honkai adaptability helps to utilize the unused honkai energy in your body to improve your strength, agility, etc. The valkyries in master's memories get there superhuman strength because of this factor too.'

'And why didn't I have this before?' I asked her.

'You already had enough for a normal Human which is equal to 0.'

'And did neither you nor Vita find it necessary to tell me this?'

'.......'

'.......'

'The question cannot be comprehended.' She responded turning back to her emotionless and robotic voice from before.

'Yeah sure.'

I stood next to the door and closed my eyes.

'How do I increase it?

'Leveling up and using points to increase it. Meditating while trying to feel the honkai energy inside the body and controlling it.'

'Huh. That's seems easy.'

'Feeling the honkai energy in body and controlling it is the hardest. It won't work until you try your best, Master.'

'Should have realised it.'

"Hey! Can you hear me or not?!" I hear someone calling out to me and looked towards the door but found noone.

"Down here." I looked down and a short white haired nun looking angrily at me.

She pointed her finger at me. " Are you the one who helped Himeko bring the girls here?"

". . . . . . ."

"Something wrong?"

"You're short." She really was. I knew she was short but not this much. She only reach upto my waist.

"Who are you calling short?!" She fumed.

"Well leave that. My name is Kotaro Kano and yeah I did help bring them here."

"Hmph! I am Theresa apocalypse and I'm in charge of far east branch of Schicksal." She claimed proudly.

"Oh! Being someone in charge at such a young age, you must be quite good at what you do." I pat her head.

"Ehehe." She purred softly to the touch.

"......"

When she realised what she was doing she blushed and swatted my hand off quickly

"What the heck do you think your doing to me! I'm older than you!" She screamed at me.

"Ahahaha" I laughed while she regained her composure or what's left of it.