Chapter 46

Kotaro's POV

"Master? Why are we here exactly?"

She spoke calmly without any surprise at what's in front of her.

"You see...ever since my visit to the Elysian realm. I've been having a few doubts."

"Doubts? And you came 'here' to clear it all."

"Of course. I told you didn't I, imaginary tree is like a server, it has all the necessary information I did."

"But can't we do this after solving the current problem of Theresa?"

"We can't. I need to do this while the connection still exists."

"Connection?"

"Yes."

"But...."

"*sigh* Looks Sil, I know you're worried about them but they are not weak nor stupid. They are more than capable of handling their problems easily. I have faith in them. So don't be worried."

"I'd rather not hear about worry from you. But since you're so confident...."

"So what do I have to do?" She unsheathed her sword and checked it carefully.

"Protect me while I'm near the tree."

"Couldn't your barrier protect you more than me?"

"Where's the fun if I leave everything to that?"

"........Master...." She narrowed her eyes.

"I won't be able to use my skills while I'm checking it."

"I see. I'll do my best."

"Good. Let's go then."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Why.....why couldn't....you save us?" People with broken bodies and torn limbs crawled towards me slowly. Their eyes hollow and full of pain.

I couldn't move. I didn't know if it was fear or sadness but I couldn't move.

As they reached me, they started biting my body to pieces.

I couldn't scream even though it hurts.

"If....we can't live..you can't...either." they all said repeatedly.

I let them do it until I saw a flash of pink.

It was a kid.

"Hey...Nii-san? Why couldn't you save me?" She had bullet holes, stab wounds and cuts all over her body.

I was finally able to move so I took a step back, but my legs had no strength so I fell back.

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" She crawled on top of me, giving me a good look on her face.

No emotions, dead eyes, rotten skin. She opened her mouth.

"Why?" She bit into me.

I couldn't shout. I couldn't say anything.

Suddenly, everything was dark.

"Um...are you alright?"

When I opened my eyes, I saw two worried looking cyan eyes looking at me. Her long pink hair was tied in two tails.