Chapter 74

Kotaro's POV

I truly do love nights.

It's only in night when I can calm down and rest without any worries of the future.

When St.Freya was still in operation. I used to sneak out and enjoy long walks across the school.

Whether it was snowy mountains or the warmth back home, the night was a sight to behold.

Today was one such night, or it was supposed to be..

"You don't need to give me that look. I leave once I'm done." The blonde man with a ponytail, wearing a white lab coat said with his usual sly smile.

He walked to my side and leaned on the wall.

"Why are you here?" I asked failing to hide my annoyance at being interrupted in my free time.

"I needed to talk to you and her highness, the queen of void, finally agreed to bring me here."

I raised my eyebrow in question.

"Your daughter."

"I realised. And you calling her that must be the punishment, she decided for you" I said with a laugh as he nodded.

"So what did you want to ask?"

"The body of Silvia.....well it's not anymore...but I've done as you asked." He said crossing his arms.

"Hmm. That's good."

"It's surprisingly well-made for a solium body. If I studied it more, I'm sure I could improve on solium structures."

"I'm sure you've already studied all you can or you wouldn't have come here."

He let out a sigh and shrug.

".....But was this for the best? I thought you two were close."

"I was close with Sil not the empty solium body. It wouldn't matter much later anyway."

"Then you are proceeding with the plan? Even though there's a 99% chance you will not be returning?"

"The moment Kevin is dealt with, my role is mostly over. I couldn't do much later anyway. This body is....."

Sensing someone in the vicinity, I stopped.

"We can talk later. Just get it all ready."

He looked a bit thoughtful, his expression turned sour for a moment but returned to neutral in no time.

Nodding he turned and walked away without looking back.

Otto knows what needs to be done.

I moved quickly and confronted the person who was spying.

"Seele."

She looked shocked. She must have heard most of it.

Sighing, I placed my hand on her head.