Chapter 61

Kotaro's POV

"This city really doesn't have any daytime, huh. Something to do with the sun I believe. " I said nonchalantly.

Maybe they should change the name from Arc city to night city.

I walked along the streets illuminated with neon signs.

Taking a sip from the apple juice can in my hand now and then.

Hearing heavy stomps coming from ahead. I stopped and looked ahead.

I saw a huge homu running in this direction. Not towards me.

I was planning to ignore that when I saw someone in front of it.

"Is that..."

That looked like the uniform of the immortal blades.

That homu was chasing her.

Seeing the spectacle, as any respectable human being would react now, the people on the streets pulled out their phones and started to video the moment instead of running away.

"This is not a show, this is a doll on rampage! It's dangerous! Run.." Before she could complete her sentence, she tripped over nothing and fell.

When the doll ignored the valkyrie and started smashing the neon signs on walls, did the people realize that they were about to become like the signs and started running away from it.

I was tempted to video their running but I stopped when I saw a small girl run to the doll in glee.

"HOMU!" She screamed as she reached out to it happily ignoring the danger.

The valkyrie tried to get up but she fell back down. She may have hurt her ankle in her fall.

The doll raised its hand to attack the child.

In her attempt, she reached out and grabbed the child, hugged her and showed her back to the doll, to protect the child.

She braced for the attack but nothing came.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Eh?" She looked at me in surprise then at the fallen homu behind me, then back at me.

"Homu...sleeping?" The child asked dejectedly.

"That one is sleeping but you can have this."

I handed her a homu doll as her eyes lit up.

"Homu!" She hugged the doll tightly.

"Isn't that your mother there?" I pointed at a distressed looking woman looking around frantically.

"She's my mommy!" The girl ran to her mother, who hugged her in relief.

She looked at me and bowed gratefully and walked away with the girl who waved at me till she went out of sight.

Now I looked the blond still in the ground staring at me.

"Good work protecting that child. Are you hurt?"

"N-No. I didn't..huh?" She then looked at me again after wiping her eyes.

"Y-Y-You.."

"M-M-Me?"

"You're Kotaro-sama! The A-rank Einherjar who escorted Theresa-Sama!" She said with stars in her eyes.

"That I am." I said as I helped her up.

"And you must be Susannah."

"I-I'm honored, Kotaro-sama."

"Haha. Don't need to be so formal. Just call me Kotaro."