Chapter 29

Silvia's POV

I pointed at my sword at the long blonde haired girl in front of me.

Mei got in her battle stance too.

"Durandal...." I recalled her name.

"......" Mei just silently looked at her.

"Greetings, Raiden Mei and...Silvia Kano." Durandal said calmly.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .

Kiana had saved the city by destroying the bomb but I'm sure it may have had repercussions for her. Due to he excess honkai energy which was released. Her life's in danger. I need to get her out of this city and out of the hands of Schiksal.

Even if I had to fight the one whom even Master had difficulty in fighting.

I glanced at Mei who seemed to be determined to take back Kiana even if she had to fight Durandal too.

"My orders are to retrieve Kiana Kaslana."

Mei gripped her weapon and took a breath.

"You will not take her."

Durandal noticing there's no point in talking anymore, got in her battle stance.

"........" This is going to be hard....

Mei charged at Durandal.

"I won't let you take her away!"

She slashed her sword at Durandal who easily parried it punched her away.

I appeared from behind and tried to cut her but she blocked it and kicked me.

I will have to go all out!

I charged and sent a flurry of attacks which most were waved off but some hit but only did light damage.

"You...." Durandal looked at me. "Your moves resemble Kotaro's."

"It obviously does. In a way he taught me these after all." I replied.

"......" She stared at me before blocking a hit from Mei.

This is going to be tough.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Ha...haa.." we both were tired now. No matter how we hit she easily blocked it.

I standing with the support of my sword now so is Mei.

"It's over. You both stood no chance against me."

"It's...not over...yet." Mei struggled.

"...."

"I will not let you take Kiana away too.."

"I like that strong look in your eyes. But your powers fail to match your will." Durandal said looking at Mei.

I got up.

"At least she's got a will. Unlike a puppet." I got in my stance again.

"......" Durandal didn't get angry, she just calmed looked at me.

"Kiana was able to protect the city, what did you do, Durandal? Just like a robot who's being operated from a system. You obeyed. Never questioning the actions. Never realizing why the action was taken."

I coughed. I may have taken a bit too much damage from the battle.

"And due to that........even Master's gone." I bend one knee and got into my stance.

This is my last for now.

Mei's POV

I looked at Silvia-san who was in a stance and at Durandal who looked unfazed from her words.