Chapter 38

Kotaro's POV

Herrscher of dominance, unlike the previous era's one, they don't have all the powers of the herrschers, but they can take it from the existing ones.

But that's not the only problem.

Their most annoying trait would be manipulation of people's mind.

That along with the powers made them incredibly difficult to deal with.

I would be fine but because I have mental immunity, which makes it practically impossible to get in my head.

But....

I glanced at Sil who was telling stories for the kids in place of Seele, who had gone out first errands with Kiana.

Noticing my glance, she looked at me before directing her glance back immediately to the kids.

I sighed. She's still avoiding me.

Maybe I should have warned her before.

But if I did, she won't grow stronger.

She's finally feeling emotions, though it doesn't show in her face.

Wouldn't want to stop her growth now, would I?

Anyway, I can't do anything till Seele gets back.

Also, I should check up on her too.

I turned around and walked back to my room, away from the eyes of anyone else.

"........" I felt a glance in my direction but decided to ignore it because I had something else to do.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I teleported to a huge tree which allowed me to look at the town below.

As I stepped out from the portal, Cold wind hit my face, yet I felt no cold, mostly due to the changes in my body.

The village wasn't exactly populated but it had enough people in it.

There were mostly old men and very less young men. Women were not in sight. Kids were occasionally sighted when they were playing.

The buildings were old and were painted to cover their age. Yet the pitiful painting only made it look worse.

At some distance there was a light house. It watched the sea from the cliff.

Now...

'Skill: Wavering eyes used'

I narrowed my eyes and looked all around.

'No traces found.'

That's good. It means that the herrscher either hasn't noticed this place or its power was controlled before it wrecked this place.

I jumped down and walked upto the entrance.

No cameras.

'Skill disguise used.'

I was bent a bit. My face was wrinkled and my eyes were only quarter open. My clothes were old and had a dusty smell. I was sporting a gray beard and was wearing a flat cap on my grayish-black hair.

My mask was sent back to the inventory.

I entered the village and walked around.

The old were smiling and talking happily as if no worry in their world.

They glanced at me and waved before continuing on their own.

What a friendly bunch.

Come to think of it, the light house should be the one.