Quantum travels #2

3rd POV(The top of the tower)

"Have you established contact with the overseer yet?" The head scientist asked the officer who was working on the system.

"We are still not able to, Sir. Something is jamming our signals from leaving this tower. We can't even ask for help. "

"Do something about it. We're trapped here! And the test subjects are escaping!"

"Ugh. Just what the hell is going on today."

The door to the room opened and a guard holding an unconscious Sirin emerged.

"I've caught one!" He said as he put her on the operating table.

The head scientist's annoyed expression seemingly brightened.

"Excellent! You brought the right one. She is the most successful one of the experiments." He moved and checked the girl on the table with a machine.

"How curious. The trace of honkai in her is completely gone."

"Hmm.....no its more like the energy has stopped circulating in her body and being held in one spot until she wants it to move." He continued the examination until.

"S-sir." The operator called out meekly.

"Y-you have to see this."

"What now?! I'm busy here!" He said annoyed and looked at the screen where the operator was pointing.

The screen was dark for a second before it showed the light in the floor shown blinked.

The scientist's eyes widened.

The room was bloody. There were bodies of people scattered around.

The operator changed the camera to different rooms but it was the same everywhere.

"J-just what is going on?" He stuttered as the operator shuddered checking different cameras. Upto the top where they were.

"....Sir...This is the only floor...left.." The operator said as the head scientist paled.

"Guards!" The head scientist shouted but there was no response.

He turned around and saw that they were not there anymore.

"Where did they..?"

The operator started screaming and ran towards the door.

"You idiot! That's where the killer's comi-" the light in the room turned off and there were no more screams.

The scientist felt fear crept upto him. He was drenched in cold sweat and felt that his throat was parched.

He looked at the entryway and saw two glowing red eyes making their way slowly towards him.

The light blinked and he saw that the killer's was bathed in blood from top to bottom.

"M-monster!" He fell on the ground and crawled back till he hit the wall.

"W-w-why are you doing this?"

"No. The question is why were you doing this?" His voice was cold and with no emotion.

"I-it was for humanity's sake. Sacrifices must be made for survival."

"Sacrifices...heh. Let's see if your sacrifice is useful."

His eyes were getting used to the darkness now. And he saw a injection in the killer's hand.

"W-wait! What do you think you're doing?! I'm the head scientist of this tower! You can't kill me!"