Chapter 72

Kotaro's POV

The room was silent.

The only sound I could hear was slow thumping of my own heart in my chest.

Along with feeling of thumping in head, accompanied by a bit of pain.

I chose to ignore it, since after a few hours of rest, it should disappear.

We arrived at the Salt Lake base a while ago and Himeko was the one to greet us.

Her relief was apparent on her face as she saw everyone safe and sound.

Saying that she will take the beacon to the doctors for analysis, she pushed all of us into our respective rooms to rest.

When Theresa tried to refuse, saying that she needed to talk to the doctors. She was firmly scolded, like a child, for not taking care of herself enough.

Reluctantly Theresa agreed and went to rest.

The first thing I did when I entered my old room was to fall into the comfortable bed to quell my tiredness.

Though I don't feel like I did anything special, acting like this does take a lot out of me.

And this headache isn't really doing any favor.

Then, I heard a knock outside my door.

"Come in." My voice came out muffled due to my face still in the fluffy pillow.

"Nicht."

I finally pulled my face away from comfort and looked at Welt who seemed more haggard than usual.

"You look old, Welt-chan." I said bluntly.

He plopped on the chair nearby and laid his head on the support.

"I feel old." He said tiredly. "I've been helping Tesla and Einstein with finding a solution. And....you won't like what we found."

"Oh? Spare me the details then. I'll hear it all later in the meeting anyway. What's the end goal?" I asked.

"A new Herrscher of finality and using her power for the completion of the Selene system."

There was silence in the next few moments as I stared at him.

"Lemme guess. You need Kiana or Sirin to take up the role of becoming the herrscher of finality." I said bluntly.

He nodded.

"I know you don-"

"It's fine. I understand why it has to be done."

He let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you do."

"Though you have to take Sirin out of this plan."

"Why is that?"

"She currently has an artificial core inside her. This core reduces all her side effects of herrscher and amplifies her void powers." I explained. "I'm guessing that to be the herrscher of finality, you would need to connect with the other herrscher cores, correct?"

He nodded.

"The artificial core rejects such connections. I made it in such a way to prevent Sirin from relapsing back to her herrscher self." I said looking down at the ground.

It was not that I didn't trust her to handle herself if she lost herself. I just didn't have faith in what I had done.

Sirin was supposed to have died a long time ago but I saved her, along with Cecilia. And this in turn made very big changes. I already knew it would.