Chapter 6

Kotaro's POV

It was lunch break and I've been hearing whispers about Raiden Ryoma all along the way of the academy and most of them are not good.

With that I assume is the beginning of awakening of the third herrcher. I gotta get my Honkai resistance up if I am to survive this outbreak. Though I'm not sure how.

'Currently fighting honkai beasts not possible.
Suggestion: meditation.
Reason: The air has very low amount of honkai but not enough to harm human beings. Meditation allows deep breathing and concentration which will help intake more amount of honkai particles from air.' Sil's emotionless voice rang in my head.

'I guess I will do that. Thanks Sil'

'Anything for you master.' I felt a imaginary nod in my mind.

I need to find Mei. Now where would she be. It's lunch break so maybe that place?

Mei's POV

Since the morning, I've been hearing things about me. My classmates who I was close with now acted distant and looked at me with scorn. They really believed that my father would commit those crimes.

Flashback

I was talking with dad after dinner. He had been looking more tired and worried  for the last few days. I asked him the reason but he said it was fine. I didnt really believe him but I couldn't help him either.

Then it happened. The doorbell to our house rang and we heard a rumble of footsteps come towards the room we were in. The door to the dining room opened and a number of policemen rushed inside and surrounded my dad.

"What is going on here?!" My dad asked them. The commanding officer came up to him and gave dad a paper and said,
"I apologize for this, Raiden-san but you are under arrest for economic fraud and other crimes written there." He pointed to the paper.

Dad made a frustrated sigh and turned to the officer, "Alright let's go." He then turned to me, "Mei, it's going to be alright. I will be back soon. Don't worry and take care of yourself."

Before I could reply, the officers escorted dad out and took. I was unable to sleep last night.

The next morning everyone around knew what had happened and all those who once supported and praised my father now turned against him and scorned him. Many accused him of committing the crimes while some couldn't believe that he had done it. When I reached class ,my classmates had messed up my desk and were laughing at me from afar. Those who I had got close to these months scoffed at me. I couldn't find Kotaro anywhere but there was no doubt he wouldn't like to be my friend anymore.

I was at the rooftop eating my lunch. This was the best place currently to avoid anyone else and only Kotaro would come here. Kotaro didn't attend the morning class. Maybe he hated me so much that he didn't want to see me. Each thought about my classmates and Kotaro hating me only made me feel like falling into a darker space. Even though I had lost all hope of my classmates to stop hating, I had held a slight hope of Kotaro of not hating me. But as time passed I felt like that too was leaving.

I looked at the ground below. 'Should I-'
Before I finished the thought the rooftop door opened and I saw a black haired boy with red eyes standing at the entrance with his signature smile.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I overslept."
He said as he scratched his head with embarrassment.

He's smile was dazzling but I couldn't look at it for long and looked down.
"You shouldn't be here, Kotaro."