Chapter 53

3rd's POV

When the man entered the room, he scanned and found but one sitting on a chair watching him carefully.

"I was told there was a meeting, so where's everybody?"

"There is a meeting but it's only between, us both."

The man swept his black and white hair a bit annoyed. Before saying something, he would regret, he calmed himself and sat on the nearest chair.

"What's with about, MEI?"

"All the others have received their projects. Impossible or achievable." She said.

"So are you giving me one now?" He asked skeptical.

"Yes..This is important, in case circumstances become dire."

"You are to----------------" MEI said calmly.

"I thought you had already assigned that to-"

"I'm aware, but even you should have realised that it is impossible for him."

".......I can barely swing my sword without coughing half a litre of blood along with it. Are sure about this?"

MEI nodded keeping her calm smile.

"Then..if I return from this situation, then I'll devote myself to completing my objective." He said resolutely.

He suddenly started coughing up a storm. MEI noticed that his hair had almost completely turned pure white with the black barely remaining in some places. It almost felt like a timer for him.

She was rethinking on her plan, if it's like this he may not be able to complete it. But unfortunately he's the only one who can.

She offered a handkerchief but he shook his hand and refused.

Cleaning the blood on the side of his mouth, he looked back at MEI.

"If we are done, I need to leave." He got up and held the handle to the door.

"Raum. What do you think of project STIGMA." She asked suddenly.

"I think it's a human eradication plan which makes me question whether you're really on the side of humanity." He said bluntly without turning back.

"That is why it is to be used when we have no other choice." She replied

"That still doesn't change its nature. As long as I have breath in my body, I will not allow that project to happen." He said and left the room.

MEI slowly closed her eyes and touched the side of her neck where glowing lines were present.

"I'm counting on you for that."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Pardo's POV

"A 14th? There's no one like that though?"

Tilting my head, I began thinking again about what Mei Nee-chan just said.

As far as I'm aware, there were no more of us. Unless...

Maybe Ellie had brought someone new and didn't tell me?!

.......

Nah, she wouldn't do that to me.