Chapter 56

Kotaro's POV

The ground shook a bit as we rose in air.

I sat and looked outside the window, to use the outside view to calm my mind.

Whenever problems arise outside what I predicted, I have to consider more things to bring it back in order.

I looked back in and noticed Sora and Hikari sleeping.

"Kotaro-sama?"

"What is it, Bella?"

"Why not take some rest? You have been looking distracted for some time now. It will help you." She suggested, looking worried.

"I guess you're right. It's better I try to get my head back in the game before we reach the city."

"Yes! I'll wake you up when we're there." She said brightly.

"Thanks, Bella."

She gave me a bright smile in response.

I closed my eyes and leaned on the window.

The small shakes served like a calming massage to help me sleep.

'Memories have been unlocked, watch it now?'

Well, convenient timing, I was about to sleep anyway so why not?

'Loading memories.'

I was walking back to Sakura's home. Hua said it would be fine if I went back and informed them about my journey and it's results.

I turned back and gave a side eye to my two companions.

"So why are you two coming with me?"

"Master said to see to it that you reach home safely." The 'old' man said scratching his newly shaved chin.

"And you?" I asked the white haired girl who was following silently upto now.

"I asked master to let me train with you and she agreed. So...Greetings, new master." She gave a respectful bow.

".........What?" I couldn't understand Lingshuang's words, was she speaking some unknown language.

The 'old' man just laughed roughly.

"I wouldn't mind, if you take me in as a disciple too you know?" He said with a wide smile.

"Well I would. So no. And no to you as well Lingshuang." I said as I turned front and continued walking.

"Master said that you were stronger than her, I want to be that strong as well." She said bluntly.

"I'm too lazy to teach."

"Then I'll stay by your side, until you do."

"......."

"You sure are determined, 5th sister." He whistled.

"Leaving me aside, 6th brother....Have you practiced on what I gave you?"

"Ah....look! There's a fish!" He ran forward.

"He ran."

"He sure did."

The walk became silent again.

My footsteps made no sound even though we were walking on slightly wet ground. It seemed it rained earlier.

There was a bit of sound of footsteps coming from Lingshuang but it was quite rare, it might be because she's still learning.