Chapter 20

3rd POV

After the departure of Rita, followed the end of exams, and beginning of normal classes.

It was also then that they started searching for the 4 gems mentioned by the Selene.

Their destination for the first mission is New Zealand under the jurisdiction of Schicksal Oceania Branch for the gem of desire.

Kiana's POV

"Second lieutenant Kiana, I see you've arrived at New Zealand. Prepare for mission briefing." Himeko talked to me through the comms.

"Wait, Himeko. Can you tell me about the analysis of that unmanned battleship..." I asked her. We didn't receive any information about it before coming here.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Mission briefing takes priority, Kiana." Ko-senpai spoke from behind me.

"But...."

"Bad news first. A powerful honkai spike was detected in New Zealand 1 day ago. " Ignoring my reluctance Himeko interrupted me.

"The city is now crawling with zombies and honkai beasts. The Oceania Branch is out of action. The gem of desire went missing during the incident." She paused.

"The good News is that the Hyperion is furnished with a sensor capable of locating the gem."

"Find it and bring it back." Himeko said seriously.

"Himeko...what is the gem of desire?"

"14 years ago, Schicksal got hold of 3 powerful Honkai cubes. One of which was the gem of desire. A covert research program was started 3 years ago to use this gem and develop weapons capable of fighting a herrscher. " Himeko explained.

"The research program failed. The gem was kept in the Oceania Branch ever since."

"......" Ko-senpai had an angry expression on his face for a second but it replaced back with his alert face as if it was never there.

"That's all I know."

"Alrighty. Let's go get that Gem!" I could feel my excitement building to find this gem.

"Hostiles. Get ready for battle." Bronya told us.

A few zombies came at but I took care of them easily. I had grown stronger since last time.

We moved towards the marked location where the gems location was shown.

As we were moving,

"Kiana-chan, Himeko told me that you're curious about the battleship. I'll tell you the analysis results." Aunt Theresa said in the comms in a sweet voice.

"Aunt TeRiRi! You're the world's #1 cutie!" I praised her. I was excited to hear the strange ship whose password was my birthday."

I heard Ko-senpai snort.

"What did you say?" It seems Aunt Theresa didn't like what I said.

"TeRiRi-chan, the homu comic looks good, I will borrow it when I return." Ko-senpai said. What comic? I looked back at the screen to find nothing.

"Shit! Did I forget to keep it back?!" Aunt Theresa sounded panicked. She frantically looked at around.

"........" Aunt Theresa and Ko-senpai seemed to have a intense stare off.

"I'll lower your grades." She threatened him with a smile.

"I've recorded this. I wonder who to send." Ko-senpai had a smirk on his face.