Carole's Birthday

Carole's POV

"Ow..My ears hurt." I rubbed them but the hurting didn't go away at all.

"I know, I'm the one in wrong for slacking off, but Squad leader didn't have to be so mean too..Also idiot senpai didn't help at all. Hmph!" I pouted but no one was there to watch me so there's no point.

"It's best I finish this patrol fast."

"Hm?" I feel like heard some fighting. But the rest are back at the safe house.

Feeling curious, I silently walked down the stairs and towards the pier where the sounds were coming from.

By the time I reached the area, all I saw were pieces of enemies.

"Geez, attacking for no reason. All I was wanted was to enjoy the view."

The male voice echoed so I couldn't ascertain where it came from.

"Maybe A ghost??" I could only hear the voice but not see the person anywhere.

"A kid? Hey! Over here."

Now the voice came from the left. When I turned I saw a black haired man with striking red eyes and a smile on his face sitting on a bench.

"W-who are you? Are you a ghost?"

"Hmmmm. Maybe?"

"Eek!" I waved kissy pillow at him.

"Whoa! Calm down, Carole. I'm not an enemy."

"Then H-How do you know my name?"

"You are a squadmember of Mei's squad right?"

"Yes....Wait are you Squadleader Raiden's stalker??"

"Hell no! How did you even reach that conclusion?*sigh* I'm her friend..I think?"

"Why so doubtful...Oh! Then you did this?" I pointed at the pieces of enemies.

He nodded.

"You must be quite strong." If he is a friend of Squadleader...

"That I am." And is this strong.....

Then he must be a hero who fought against honkai!

"Oh! Even though you already know. I'm Carole! A soon to be S-rank!"

"Huh. Well they do say it's good to dream big."

"Hey!"

"I'm...." he shook his head. "Taro. Call me Taro."

"Taro...Taro. I feel like I've heard a similar name somewhere."

"Must be a coincidence. Anyway what are you doing here all alone. I thought you should atleast have one more member accompany you when you go out in a dangerous place like this."

"Ah. About that." I scratched my head embarrassedly. "I was slacking off a bit and my senpai switched on me to squad leader Raiden which earned me a earful. Heheheh."

"Mei scolding? That would have been entertaining to watch."

"Hey! Getting scolded by my kind Squad leader still hurts my feelings you know."

"Well, if you were with Bianka or so it would have been worse, so you should be thankful you know."

"That's there too...."

"Let's finish your patrol shall we? I'll accompany you."

"Eh? Are you sure? Wouldn't you rather report your presence to the squadleaders back at the safehouse?"