Chapter 70

Kotaro's POV

I watched the portal open with cold intensity as three awaited figures appeared.

There arrival drew the attention of the onlookers including the two newly reunited friends.

Siegfried was being helped by Kiana and Bianka on two sides.

He seemed weak but the look in his eyes spoke otherwise.

Sirin saw him and immediately went behind to my back and hid from them.

"Siri?"

"Sorry dad. Only for a little while." She whispered nervously.

Ah. I get it.

"Are you scared that he will be angry because of what happened before?" I whispered.

She hesitated and nodded slowly. Her past as a herrscher was something she really didn't like to bring out.

I ruffled her hair and she smiled.

"You worry too much." I whispered gently.

Siegfried looked forward and with a smile he began as he looked at the new faces.

"Whoa! There sure is a crowd...in....here..." He said but stopped when his eyes landed on Cecilia, who was watching them with a warm smile.

He couldn't breathe and looked stunned for a few moments.

Theresa seemed smug for some reason. Due to being one amongst the first to see Cecilia?

His eyes widened and teared up.

"Cecilia....?"

"Zig-"

Her words were cut off as the haggard white haired man instantly slipped away from his stunned daughters' grasp and hugged his long lost wife tightly.

He looked like he never wanted to give her up and let her go again.

"You're alive....you're really alive..." He kept on repeating.

More than a decade ago, her death soured his life and he fell into a pit of darkness when he even lost his daughter.

But now....he got them all back. What else is he supposed to feel than happiness?

It didn't matter to him if it was real or not anymore. He's had enough years of sitting in that tower and repeatedly watching his mistakes and losses.

Tears streamed down his eyes freely. But they weren't tears of sadness but of pure joy.

Cecilia looked at the two girl watching them silently and raised her hands and invited the two to join.

With a bright and happy smile, Kiana readily joined the hug. Bianka looked hesitant but was pulled along by Kiana into the hug.

The Kaslana family was complete but something was still missing.

I looked back, at Sirin, who was looking at the family, rather longingly.

I pulled her forward.

"Eek!" She shrieked a bit and everyone's eyes was on us now, including the reunited family.

Their sudden looks made Sirin a bit bashful as she blushed and made circles in the ground with her shoe.

"D-Dad! What was that for?" She hissed angrily and pouted.

"You need to step up, my dearest daughter." I whispered back.

Cecilia looked at Sirin and giggled. She came towards us and held Sirin's hand...