Chapter 51

Kotaro's POV

Her claws pricked my neck but I kept my calm and asked.

"If you're here, does that mean the herrscher of Corruption is no more?"

"I'm the only one who's going to be ask questions." She looked straight into my eyes. "Who are you and why are you looking into us?"

"I was planning my birthday party and I wanted to invite the world serpent."

"Stop messing with me and say it." She said annoyed.

"No seriously, I mean imagine Kevin getting his ass stuck on a chair wearing a party hat, hilarious don't you think?" I laughed as she pushed the claws more into my neck.

"Why are you interfering in our work?" She moved to the next question seeing as I didn't answer her first one.

"I'll turn it back to you. What do you think you're doing?"

The claws which pricked my neck melted away and Raven jumped back, sensing danger.

"What the hell..?" Raven looked in surprise at her claws which were melted. She removed it from her hand.

"Do you know what happens when Project: STIGMA is in accomplished?"

'Mental skill 'pressurize' in use.'

I took a step forward, and she unintentionally stepped back.

"What do you think will happen to all those children you care about?"

"Sire said they will be made an exception." She said shakily.

"He is trying to 'save' humanity, do you think he'll leave someone behind?"

I walked slowly towards her and she stepped back until her back hit the wall.

I placed my hand on the wall and brought my face close to hers.

"Each and every kid, adult or old left in world will enter eternal sleep and their conscious become one with the world. And the responsibility of that is in your hands."

She was breathing hard and her eyes wide. She was thinking. My skill was working well. Sorry Raven but this way will make it easier for us all. Now for the final shot.

I lifted her chin and made her look into my eyes.

"Do you have the courage to go to Sora, look her in those innocent eyes, which trusts you completely, and say that she will die? Because of her sensei?"

"..No..no!" She pushed me away and ran away, vanishing into the darkness.

Pressurize is a mental skill, which detects her insecurities and lays it on her. This accompanied by my words was enough to get through her head. This would work on most people. Mind is the very weakness and the strength of human beings after all.

Getting this skill wasn't exactly pleasant but it was worth it.

Though, I feel like a villain for using it on her.

I fixed my tux and bow tie. My work is done. When she's decided she will find me on her own.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .

"How do you feel, Theresa?"

"Nervous. I thought I was used to such events but guess I'm not." She peaked through the curtains and looked at the crowd.

"It's all right. Just imagine everyone of them as bitter melons."

She giggled. "What's with that?"

"By the way, shouldn't Bianka or Rita be here to escort you instead of me?"