Chapter 78

Kotaro's POV

I stared at the passing clouds in the blue sky. In contrast to the warm climate, the grey marble seat, I was laying on was rather cool, which made me feel very sleepy.

*Thump*

A cool breeze brushed past my hair, forcing me to let out a yawn and close my eyes, to enjoy the warmth of the sun and the chill of the marble.

*Thump*

I closed my eyes to enjoy the sun and-

*Thump*

........I'm going to keep my eyes close-

*Thump*

I turned my head to the left and stared at the source of the sound, a bit annoyed. My white haired friend threw the basketball upto the hoop only to hit the edge and fall down helplessly with a loud *Thump*

"Hey ramen-freak, tone down the noise. Someone's trying to sleep here."

He picked up the basketball and looked at me with narrow eyes.

"I thought you were going to help me practice when you said you were coming along." He said and turned back to the pole and threw the ball again, only for the ball to roll around the hoop and fall down again.

"I was. Until I realised that the weather is warm and cozy for a nap. And-"            I slapped the marble loudly. "-this marble is the best."

He sighed and picked up the ball again.

Taking a few steps back, he looked hard at the hoop as if memorizing how it looked and closed his eyes. With good posture and movement he shot the ball.

...And it didn't even reach the hoop.

"Aargh! I'm so stupid!" He said frustrated.

"Tell me something new." I quipped and closed my eyes.

I heard footsteps coming from behind us so I turned around and met a familiar set of eyes.

"......You two are here again." Su said with a sigh.

"I'm just here to give some company to the ramen freak." I said and yawned again.

"Su? Why are you... " Kevin turned to face him and saw someone else behind Su.

"MEI! You're here too!" He said excitedly.

"Did you two forget? Didn't we plan to have dinner today?" Su said crossing his arms. "It's a special holiday and you two are spending it here?"

"It's not like that.." Kevin said scratching his head awkwardly.

"I'm just enjoying the sun." I sat up and stretched my sleepiness away.

"Hah.. Raum you.." Su looked like he was about to give another lecture-if MEI hadn't intervened.

"It's okay, let them be. They're always like that." She said smiling.

"Hey!" Kevin complained.

"Haha. You don't need to compliment me that much." I said embarrassed.