Chapter 58

Raum's POV

"So peaceful..." I wiped my katana with a clean cloth as Cheng narrowed her eyes at me.

"Master, you could at least clean up the dead bodies you made first."

"Isn't that the duty of my dear disciple?"

"No it's not."

"What a rude disciple." I got up and helped remove the bodies of monsters.

"I'm aware I should show more respect to you as my master but unlike with master Phoenix, I can't bring myself to show the same level of respect towards you. What is wrong with you, master?" She said with confusion as if it was my fault.

"There's nothing wrong with me. Maybe it's because I'm not as strict as her?"

"You're training is more harsh."

"What do you mean? I'm barely letting you do 5% of what I used to do with my friend."

"I think it's because of your behavior towards me. You treat me like a friend instead of a subordinate or disciple. Not that I hate it of course." She conveniently ignored my words and explained.

"You two look like you're enjoying your conversation instead of working." A certain white haired woman said as she sat and watched us work.

"Cheng, why is that creature here if she is not helping?"

"I wonder why too, master. Shall we put it to eternal sleep along with the rest of the beasts?" She answered mercilessly.

"I-I came to help! But Sakura told me that if I move around too much, the wounds would open up again." She said in cold sweat.

"Then you should have just stayed at home and taken rest." I told as I finally cleaned away the last bit of work from the ground.

"I really did want to help. I'm sorry if I bothered you." She looked apologetic so I stopped prying any more.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Throwing Kallen into her room to rest, I looked around to search for Sakura or Rin but I couldn't find them both.

Maybe Sakura was working and Rin was playing around the village again.

When I came to the main room, Cheng was reading a letter with a grim expression.

"What's the matter? You look like your entire world collapsed." I asked sitting on the cushion and laying my head down on the cool table.

Realizing what expression she was making, she instantly made her usual emotionless face again.

"Master, can we put my training on hold for now?"

"Hm? Sure, but what happened?"

"N..Nothing of concern. But I might need to return back to Shenzou for a while." I'm not sure if it was just me or did her voice crack at first. Did something serious happen?

I can't force an answer. So all I can do is wait.

"Well, if you need me for something, you know where to find me."