Chapter 31

Kotaro's POV

"........"

It's cold.

And why am I on top of a building. It's just more colder up here than down here.

Oh wait, If I go down, I'll get caught.

I shivered for the last time before getting serious.

I recounted the details of this island from my memory.

"Federated Autonomous Region of Coral, pacific ocean. Mouthful of a name alright. An artificial island with 1.80 million residents, located at the border of southeast Asia and Oceania. Used to be a economic and commercial hub, due to the Eruption, now they are colder than Antarctica."

At this time Durandal and Rita must be rendezvous with Raven and Mei.

"......." I'm happy to see her again but...

I wore my mask again and looked down at the valkyries evacuating the residents to safety.

I guess I'll help with that first while Schicksal deals with world serpent.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Avoiding the gaze of valkyries as well as 'Owl' I cleaned the path of escape for the residents from the honkai.

Now well I'm not too late I guess.

Again I looked down from the top.

Also maybe I should have brought Sil along with me. During my battle with Mei, if my identity was leaked to Durandal or Rita, it would be annoying to deal with.

I need someone to distract Durandal while Mei reaches the herrscher.

"..!" This is it!

I felt a small prick in my back as something touched me from back.

A Lance was pointed at me.

"Who are you?"

"It's a surprise to see you here, but a welcome one, Wendy." I stated with a smile which my mask blocked.

"H-how do you know my name?"

"Well don't you have someone to contact before that?"

"....?!"

I turned around and saw her in a battlesuit I have never seen before. Well, this confirms it.

"Call your superior. Need to have a chat."

"W-why would I-"

"It's alright, Wendy. I'll handle this." I saw a girl descend close to us.

She had long purple hair, tied in a ponytail, wearing a black battlesuit and same mask as mine, but it seemed old with few cracks at edges.

"Captain?" Wendy called out, confirming my doubts.

"Wendy, go back to your position and wait." The captain stated sternly.

"B-but.." She hesitantly looked between me and the purple haired girl.

"......" She nodded at Wendy, who hesitantly left the roof.

"......." We stared at each other.

She removed her mask and showed her face. She was older now. Her face was mature yet there was still a familiar glow in her golden eyes.

Detecting that there was no one else nearby, I stored my mask in inventory. As the mask disappeared from my face, Her eyes widened.

"It....r-really is you." She took a step towards me.