Chapter 30

Cocolia's POV

I looked at emptiness of the cell.

I arrested as the traitor for leaking confidential information about anti-entropy also based on my past crimes.

I didn't resist. After all there's no point. I made my choice. I deemed my children far more important than those.

And all of them are now here, with the exception of one of course. I wonder where he is.

The door heard the door open.

"Matushka...." Ah she's back..

"Bronya? I'm glad you're fine." I really am glad to see she's ok now.

"What will they do to you?" She asked timidly. It's been a while since I've seen her like this.

"Einstein has told you everything, I guess."

I just shook my head.

"I don't know what will happen and I don't care. No one cares for the defeated."

"Bronya cares."

"........." She looked worried.

I sighed. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. In times like these, even a traitor is too much of a hassle."

I giggled. "Hmph, who knows. Perhaps they'll give me a chance to redeem myself."

"....."

"But you kids will have to take care of the orphanage from now on."

"The Bronya shall care for everyone there."

"No, Bronya, not just you. I meant all five of you. Roza and Lili are kind, always trying to make people smile. But they're young. They have a lot to learn."

"Seele is caring and capable, but she can be weak and indecisive at times."

"And you....you're always trying to do everything. You walk alone with your eyes set on the horizon, but you forgot about your friends walking by your side. They love you and look up to you."

"...?"

"You have what it takes to band them together. So remember to wait and help them. "

I sighed remembering something.

"I remember a certain boy being the same like you, but he learned to overcome it and connect with everyone else. So you will too. Remember home is where everyone is around."

Bronya looked shocked.

"Matushka....You never said anything like this to us before. Why...."

"Indeed. I should have said this earlier....Why didn't I?"

"I don't know...I really don't.... I've don't many things, even things that I'm not proud of, things that I regret."

"But I'll never regret one thing I did and that's bringing you back from the siberian Tundra in the spring of 2012"

"I'm proud of you, Bronya." I smiled at her as she looked shocked.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A few minutes after Bronya left.

"You sure have changed."

I turned towards the distorted voice and saw a masked man standing in front.

I didn't hear the door open nor any steps.

But I know this person.

"People change and while it is quite late for me. I made a choice and I'm proud of it."