Chapter 60

Raum's POV

After making my way down the stairs, I sat down beside Rin who was pouting.

"I've ordered food, Sensei." She said without looking at me.

".....What are you mad about?"

"You made me run till here in Shenzou with 1 ton weight on my back! Did you expect me to be happy?!" She said angrily.

"You're no longer a kid. So that much is fine. Back when I was training, I had 100 tons on my back. This was nothing compared to it."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever I'm not listening anymore." She said, covering her ears.

Is she in her rebellious phase?

"......"

Well, she's no longer a kid, she's an adult now. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

..

She's almost ready. After this I can...

To remove unnecessary thoughts, I looked outside the window. The market street was busy with people buying and selling, children running around and playing close by their parents, beggars on streets, there were some were even showing off their martial arts to entertain people.

Just some distance away in front of the inn, we were staying was a huge gate behind which was a flight of stairs which led all the way up the mountain.

To where Hua should be.

My visit to Shenzou has only one purpose, to find out how Hua is right now. While we were traveling, I heard an unpleasant rumor that the celestial of the mountain had disappeared.

There was no credibility in the rumor but its better to make sure.

It's been quite a few years since I've been back here and visiting her is a plus for me.

I wanted to immediately scale the mountain and reach up but Rin suggested we rest as she was tired from all the walking and I didn't resist.

The old waitress came towards us with a warm smile holding a plate full of dumplings.

Rin took it of her hands and thanked her. As the waitress left she placed the plate on the table and put some dumplings into my plate and then her's.

"I hope Hua is fine." I said taking a bite out of the dumplings. It felt cold but there was steam coming out of it, so I assume it wasn't cold.

"Sensei worries too much." She picked a dumpling with her chopsticks and took a small bite out of it. Then She held her cheek and reveled in its taste with a bright smile.

The last time I worried about a person, I found her dead with a huge hole in her torso. So I can't help but be more worried.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

According to the waitress, it has been quite a few years, since the celestial had shown herself to the people.

Usually, she would have been sighted leaving the mountain to get rid of honkai beasts but there has been no news for a while.

She claimed that all the disciples left the mountain years ago.