Chapter 73

Kotaro's POV

Hours ago, we separated from Theresa and Himeko who made their way into the deep, while we stayed at St.Freya.

The trio were getting their bearings while I was enjoying the solitary state of the huge and imposing school.

It was peaceful in St.Freya , actually....the entire world was peaceful, excluding the fact that there was a huge ethereal body called Adam where the human beings existed right now.

Truly what a peaceful world, maybe them disappearing was for the best.

Oops. Shouldn't think about that.

Even I think that total peace for a long time without anyone to talk to is a bit boring....no..maybe a lot.

I looked at Bronya who was taking a deep breath while monitoring the mainnet. By the look on her face, it obvious that the other team's efforts have not been effective yet.

"Feeling nervous?" I asked unnecessarily

Bronya shook her head.

"It's ok. You can tell your big bro."

She shook her head again.

"It's just that..although Durandal's been replacing and stripping the factions of project Stigma, the mainnet hasn't changed at all." She explained.

"That means we can't use the beacon yet." Mei came to us and deduced.

Bronya nodded her head.

"What about class president and the rest?" Bronya asked.

"When you began checking the mainnet of project Stigma, the monsters that renormalize space have been appearing at St.Freya." I answered. "Class prez along with Kiana and Sushang should be handling them now."

"Are those monsters anomalous in any way?" Bronya asked.

"I doubt it." I replied.

I may have been enjoying the peace far from trouble but I was also monitoring the state of those three fighting.

Originally I would have left it to Sil but too bad she's not here.

If only there was another..

'....'

"Anomalies?" Seele who decided to join us asked, tilting her head.

"The steep increase or decrease in monsters." I replied while patting.

Ah. I already started patting before realizing it.

"Got it. Although the opportunity hasn't presented itself, if any changes occurs, we need to pour ourselves into it." Bronya said with determination to which we nodded.

"Then, why don't we take a break?" We heard Senti's voice from nearby.

"Ah. It's Senti-san. Are you working well?" She asked brightly.

"Not you too.." She looked resigned at being called that and glared at me.

I put on the most innocent face I could muster.

That's right, Senti. It was me who told Seele that you loved being called that.

I laughed in my mind evilly.

She gave up and answered Seele instead.

"Of course I- wait. What do you mean by 'working with'? I'm directing her...and you!" She said angrily.