Chapter 54

3rd POV

"Are you sure about this? I won't hold back."

Kevin asked with concern to his friend who was nonchalantly checking his blade.

"I would prefer that you actually didn't. You know how Mobius gets when she receives partial results."

"But-"

"Anyway, *cough* what was our duel scores from before?"

Raum interrupted and asked before Kevin raised any more concerns.

"4988 to 5002. With my score being the higher at the moment."

"Bragging, are we?" Raum asked with a smirk, checking his gauntlets.

"You asked for it." Kevin replied crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow questioningly.

"Yeah yeah, show off. Now let's see how effective this actually is." Raum's red eyes glowed as he looked at the small pill in his hand.

Without any second thoughts, he immediately gulped it.

"...!" Kevin was surprised as Raum clutched his chest, with a pained look.

He took a step forward to help but stopped when his friend raised his hand indicating him to not come close.

After a minute of his painful groans he got up from the ground and looked at him with a smile.

Kevin looked surprised as there was no trace of whiteness in his hair anymore and his usually dead red eyes now glowed with a sense of youth and enthusiasm.

The way he looked now reminded Kevin when he had just joined MANTIS.

"You really got to praise Mobius for this. I feel better than ever but I also feel like this won't last long, so Kevin.." He indicated Kevin to come at him.

Kevin held the divine key in his right hand tightly.

Raum unsheathed his cold blade and got into his battle stance.

The aura of opposing elements from the swords clashed and the two stood their ground waiting to make a move at each other.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aponia's POV

I patiently waited as the echoing steps came closer to where I was.

She stood a few inches away from the bars and looked at me.

I slowly opened my eyes as she started speaking.

"Aponia, I have a-"

"I know what you want to ask, Mei.."

"Then, will you answer my questions?

"I'm not sure if my words will provide the answer but it can add to your knowledge and give you a hint to what you want to know."

"This place is so gloomy, Aponia. A cutie like you should be in a equally cute room how about I speak to MEI and get you something better?" She bend down and smiled.

I shook my head.

"I'm waiting to be judged for my sins and This is the only way they can feel safe from me."

"Aww. But seeing you like this still hurts me~"

"Ellie.."

"Ah that's right. I'll stay and accompany you~"