Chapter 75

Kotaro's POV

The air felt heavy, mostly due to the heat of the battlefield and sound of remaining metal parts clashing before coming to a dead silence.

I enjoyed myself a bit too much that I might have forgotten how long I've been here.

I was thinking of enjoying the sight a bit longer until-

"Ko-senpai! Aren't you coming down?"

The flame wall must have come down at some point.

I looked down and saw Kiana waving at me energetically, I even spotted Bronya working out something on her systems too.

"Give me a second, Kiana. I'm resting for a bit."

From another part of the place, I felt a familiar spike of energy.

Mei should have gotten past Raven and her Stigmata. Now she should be with gray serpent or should I call him gold serpent.

Well doesn't matter, he's gonna be rusted serpent soon anyway.

I jumped off the pile and landed on the ground gracefully in front of Kiana.

A mechanical part rolls to Kiana's feet, who gingerly picks it up and inspects it before throwing it back to the pile of broken constructs.

"Ko-senpai..aren't you a bit too strong?"

"Not at all. Those constructs just decided to trip and fall to their death on their own."

"Eh? Really?" She asked curiously.

"Of course. It was just a coincidence that my sword was present where they fell."

She gave me a deadpanned look.

I just shrugged and looked at Bronya.

"Bron-Bron, what are you busy with?" I asked the busy girl.

"Bronya is checking for changes in project Stigma's mainnet."

"And?"

"There are changes but Bronya is unable to determine if all are positive or not. Bronya is still unable to connect with the liberation tea-......!"

Bronya stopped talking, making a surprised expression and started typing more furiously.

Sensing that she's gonna be on that for a while, I moved my eyes away from her and rested on Kiana who seems to be in deep thought.

"What's wrong Kianya? Feeling tired nya?" I asked in a funny tune.

"Ko-senpai...why are you speaking like that?"

"Cause it's fun nya."

She opened her eyes to give me a deadpan look, then proceeded to look away in another direction with a hint of worry in her blue eyes.

I looked in the direction where she was looking, it was empty.

That must be where Mei went through.

"I'm worried about Mei-senpai." She said in a low voice.

.....

Bronya did say something about it being an one way trip.

I know she'll be fine, but these two must be worried.

I took a step towards her and placed my hand on her head, gently patting her.

"......Don't be. She'll be fine. Have faith." I reassured her.

Kiana went silent for a few moments before smiling and nodding her head.