Chapter 71

Kotaro's POV

"..........." Senti glanced at me from front, a bit annoyed.

"..........."

"Hey. Why are you following me?"

"Because you know where she is?"

"Why don't you do some work on your own! Instead of relying on me!"

"I am doing something. Following you to the answer."

She grumbled a bit and just continued walking while ignoring me.

She walked to the spot where Kiana and Bronya hallucinated.

It didn't feel any different, but there was a small uncomfortable feeling in the area. My suspicions were right because when I blinked, Senti had vanished.

Couple of minutes of waiting, Senti appeared alongside the purple haired girl we've been looking for.

"You turned out to be quite a fighter. Good thing, I didn't need to save you again." Senti said in a bored tone.

Mei didn't look hurt in any way. If anything she was holding her head as if in a daze.

"Did I..have a long dream?" She asked slowly.

"You've been gone for about half an hour, Mei. We were worried." I explained.

"Speak for yourself! I wasn't worried."

I looked at Senti with a expression as if asking 'seriously?'

"....." Mei seemed to be in deep thought before looking up and staring at me.

I wonder if I might have been present during her 'amusement park' trip.

"I might accidentally blush if you stare so much, you know." I said jokingly.

"Ah.....Are Kiana-chan and Bronya-chan alright?"

She asked after a moment.

"I guess so. Only they also hallucinated while investigating the area." Replied Senti. "Luckily Durandal along with Sirin arrived and acted super fast, and saved them from the same trouble."

"Now stand still while I examine you."

Mei stood still as Senti examined her consciousness without hacking into her memories.

"Good, I don't see any after effects. Now, you go look for Kiana and Bronya. I'm busy."

"Pfft. Busy." I made a comment which earned a successful 'hmph' from Senti.

"Wait! Herrscher of Sentience." Mei called out.

"What do you need? Just to be clear, I'm really, really busy." She repeated.

"I was gone for half an hour? What happened?" She asked in a panic.

"You know what I am, right?" Senti asked.

Due to sudden shift of focus to Senti, Mei didn't understand the implications of the question. But after a couple of seconds, she was hit with the realization.

Senti began to explain about her core and how it's a port between the imaginary and the real.

What happened to Mei was a similar case of what happened to Seele when she vanished to the Sea of Quanta. However, the only difference was that their entity were denied by the imaginary space, not the sea of quanta.

Considering how Senti's core is naturally good at flipping inside out, it was easy for her but the same couldn't be said for the other herrschers' core.
The hallucination and vanishing were all related to the flip due to the project Stigma.