Chapter 47

Kotaro's POV

At the crack of dawn, Feima and I left the village.

After what seems like hours of walking, running, jumping, wall running, flying. We reached a lively looking city under the mountain.

"It sure is lively."

"Must be the time of festival again."

"Doesn't your master or the disciples visit the festival?"

"I do. I get free booze and food just because I'm a disciple. I have seen Su Mei drag Suyi to one."

He put his hand on his chin and made a thoughtful expression.

"Zhaoyu never comes because Master doesn't come. Lingshuang is more focused on getting as strong as Master, Wanxi and Wanru...I'm pretty sure they help the folks set up the festival. They must be around."

"Master Feima! Aren't you going to visit us?" Two young girls asked as we walked near them.

"Haha! Of course! Once I'm done guiding this boy. I'll come to you." He said as we walked past.

Many people greeted him. Contrary to his appearance, he seems famous.

"You sure are popular."

"Are you jealous of my popularity?" He asked as we sat down in a restaurant and waited for the food.

"No. Because-"

"Ma Feima! We heard you're here!" Few rough looking men came inside and shouted.

"-it paints a target on your back especially if you're a disciple of someone who's admired."

"There you are! We heard that you have been around our sister lately! Explain!"

"Whoa there! I have no idea what you are talking about." He seemed to back off but his hand was already on his sword.

"Don't lie to us! She's been asking us about you for a week now!"

"Look I really have no idea what you both are accusing me of. I'm with a guest now. How about leaving this for later?"

"A guest?"

I felt their gazes at me. Thanks dumbass, now you've just given them a new target.

"Your food is here!" The waited bought us the food at the same time.

Waiter, do something about this?! I signaled him with my eyes.

He winked at me and gave a thumbs up.

"You guys don't get it?" Oh no...this feels like trouble came knocking.

"This man sitting here is a guest of the celestial! Are you really going to disturb him?"

The entire restaurant fell silent. The rest of the customers looked at me in admiration.

The hell did that guy say?! The Phoenix doesn't even know I exist.

"He's even being protected by her disciple!"