•• Chapter Two ••

The early years.
1858-1860

  If  Vivian had ever predicted the future, she would have been lying to herself when she says she'd never seen this coming

After the Salvatore brothers had comforted her at the quarry, the three had gone home and stood by her side while she asked her father about her mother.

When he told her what Stefan had, her prescription she once had of her father, was changed and forever altered. And it seemed, his did too; all for the reason of the fact that she looked like her mother. Their similarities caused him to avoids her at any cost. But that didn't even bother her in the slightest.

Because they were so close, the trio had been known to spend their days together. And really, Vivian only ever went home to sleep.

A few months ago, she'd never imagined she'd be where she was.

She'd always been a quiet and reserved girl. Respectable and humble. And when she was off at school, a good and well behaved student.
She never played as a child. Her father thought it distracting, so she was forced to sit and read, not that she hated doing so. She quite enjoyed a good book every now and then. And that had been one of the thing she and Stefan had found them selfs bonding over.

With Damon, surprisingly, they each had a talent for pulling small jokes on Stefan, much to his dismay and annoyance.

The two were both equally witty as well. Always playing along with one or the other. Their banter was always playful. However, sometimes the two could buttheads and Stefan would be the one to simmer them down with his logic and quick thinking.

The trio had unknowingly created a perfect dynamic between them.

"Viv, you here?"

At her desk, where she was writing in her journal Stefan had gifted to her, her quill pen dragged along the page, she sighed lightly and put it back in the ink jar. She guessed she'd continue later. Turning her head, she smiled as she noticed Damon at her open door. His blue eyes bright as the sun from the window fills the room.

She smiled. "Damon. I thought we were supposed to meet later?" She asked, turning in her chair so she could see him. He let himself in the room and walked towards the bed and sat on the edge of it.

"We were. But father is busy and had guests." He said, his eyes travel down towards her desk, seeing the open journal, he smirks and reached for it.   Seeing what he was doing, Vivian is too late to stop him from grabbing the leather bound book.

"Hey, give it back." She says, standing from her chair, she reaches for it, but since he was taller than her, he raised his arm up, stopping her.

"Dear diary, today I saw a flower. It was oh so very pretty, until I stepped on it. This shall haunt me forever." He mockingly reads out loud. Reaching for his arm again, as he laugh, she jabs his side and is able to grab her journal.