•• Chapter Sixty two ••

"You okay, over there?" Damon questioned, as the car continued to drive along the dark road. They had just let Stefan leave to go check on Elena. Vivian sat in the passenger seat where Damon was, her mind astray. She hummed in response and let the car fill with silence, but Damon wasn't willing to let it be.

"Wanna hear another joke?" He asked, smirking to himself. He glanced over to her, her quiet demeanor worried him just a bit. "I've got like, 20 more."

Vivian shook her head, "You know, I would really love too, but I don't want to." Vivian smiles, briefly towards him. He rolls his eyes.

"What did the hybrid say to the witch?" Damon asks, just as the phone rang.

"Thank God." Vivian says, sitting up quickly as she reaches for the phone sitting in the cup holder.

"Huh. Not the punch line I was going but I can work with that." Damon says, as Vivian answers.

"Save me." She says, into the phone.

"Vivian." A familiar voice speaks.

"Elijah. I don't know if it's good to hear from you or not." She says.

"Obviously, it's not." Damon says, "what's up?"

"Elijah is here to offer a deal." Stefan answered

"Continue." Vivian says.

"I was saying—All we need it to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed....the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth...and Alaric will follow us." Elijah speaks. Damon and Vivian share a look of uncertainty.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan questioned

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of 1000 years evading my father. What's another. Half-century while Elena's able to live out her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After Everything that he's done to us...I can't just let you bring him back."

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even your children's lifetimes." Elijah says. Vivian sighs and leans against the window, using her arm as a pillow. He sounds sincere, but he's sounded like that before and betrayed them, so who's to say he does it again? Vivian didn't much care to be honest.

"Perhaps it'll teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you?" Matt Donavan spoke. "All you've done is screw her over."

"And for that, I'm deeply ashamed. But know this. She could've been killed the instant I walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision....whether to trust me or not."

"Not. Hello?" Damon speaks, "did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!"

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus's body to us...Elena will come to no harm. Do we have a deal?"

"No! No, no, no. Did I mention no?" Damon repeated.

"I think what Damon is trying to say is, No." Vivian says, with a cheeky smile, but is ultimately ignored. "Sure, I can't make a joke." She mutters to herself.

"Elena, It's up to you." Stefan says, ignoring his brother and Girlfriend over the phone.

"Oh, come on!"

"Why do you want Klaus's body in the first place?" Elena asks

"He's my brother." Answered Elijah. "We remain together. "