•• Chapter Thirty Three ••

The girls giggled endlessly as they danced around the bedroom. A bottle of liquor passed between them both. While dancing tired them out, the both fell onto the bed with a small sigh. Rebekah turned to Vivian. "Do you love my brother?" She asked, and Vivian nearly spit out her drink with surprise.
Did she love him? Or was he just something to pass the time? Would she ever love agin?

"Maybe." Vivian decided it was best she said that. Rebekah was young. She wouldn't understand her complex love life. She hardly understood it herself.

"Well, I know he loved you." She told her. "Madly. It's sick, really. And quite annoying. How he follows you around like a little puppy."

Vivian rolls her eyes. Shaking her head, she gulps more than half the bottle before Rebekah takes it from her. "Even Katerina too. Under a spell I say. You have a gift for that."

"I guess I do. Another bottle then?" Vivian says, holding the now empty one in her hands.

"Nicklaus would be livid. So, definitely." Rebekah smiled triumphantly and together they snuck down to the cellar.

—————

A pop song Vivian didn't know the name of played loudly in the store they were sitting in. The chair was soft and comfy and another glass of champagne was calling her name as a woman finally came to them with the bottle. Stefan watched her from a distance. She felt his eyes on her as she did her best to resist the urge to look back at him.
Still in Chicago, once Rebekah had made her presence known, Klaus was quick to make sure his sister was ready for the new world. Vivian remembered how hard it was for her to adjust. The difference between her and Rebekah however, is that Vivian had to adjust all on her own.

"There's got to be more to this dress." The voice of the blonde fills her ears. Stefan and Klaus smirk as she comes out of the fitting room. Her dress practically see-through. Vivian smiled despite wanting to.

"so woman in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?" She said, clearly over it. Vivian raised a brow, looking down at what she was wearing. Her black shirt was long enough, but the neck like was deep enough to show off her chest. A leather jacket covered her arms and black leggings covered her legs. A non prostitute-like outfit in her opinion.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She goes on.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus said, rolling his eyes.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable care accident."

"It's dance music." Vivian and Stefan say in unison. Rebekah looks between them with a questioning expression. Vivian moves in her seat uncomfortably.

"People dance to this?"

"Yep." Vivian says.

"Are we scone?" Asked Klaus.

Rebekah turned to her brother. "And why are you so grumpy?"

Klaus sighed, "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find it why my hybrids are dying. Your necklace. And you lost it."

Vivian rolled her eyes and downed the last of her drink. Standing up, she walked past Rebekah.
"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." She says.