•• Chapter Fifty nine ••

Last bit of episode 20 of season 3
And then the next episode.

——

Vivian had left the school a while ago. Now, she stands beside Stefan as they all stand in front of the place Alaric rests. Damon is inside with him. Vivian turns as the others start to leave. Stefan placed a hand on her arm and nodded his head, though instead of following him, she decided she'd stay for Damon. Stefan understood and turned away. The crickets in the air were a soft melody to her ears as she leans against a rock.

Waiting for Damon to emerge. She felt sorry for Alaric. She felt, surprisingly to her self, sorry for Elena and Jermey. But she really felt sorry for Damon. She knew the two were quick friends. Despite everything that made them different. It was in that realization, that Vivian herself never had a friend like that. She's never really had a friend. Sure, Stefan and Damon were her friends, as well as lovers. But she's never had what Alaric and Damon had.

Maybe she wanted something like that. But her options were a bit limited, and she'd have to pick someone she didn't find annoying or hate...

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked, as he finally exited the cell. He walked over to her and leans against the rock beside her.

"Meredith gave him a sensitive?" She asked, ignoring the question.

"Yeah. I offered to take him out. You know, make it quick. But he insisted." Damon says

"Yeah." She said, and then sighed.

"Look, while I'm in the apologetic mood, for the record, I am sorry. You are the only one I care about. The kiss—it just happened. It won't happen again. Unless she asks." Damon jokes, but Vivian rolled her eyes and shoved him.

Vivian then gave him a half smile. "Jerk." She says, shaking her head. "somehow, I believe you. Thank you....for that very apologetic apology. Good thing you were in the mood."

Damon gave her a smile. Vivian smiled back and landed onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry about Ric." She says, sincerely. Damon waved her off, and a moment of silence passes by them.

However, in the mist of the silence, the sound of shuffling footsteps reached their ears. Damon and Vivian both stood from their spot, and as the footsteps grew closer, Vivian noticed Bonnie approaching, still dressed in her 20's outfit, she makes her way towards them.

"Bonnie, what are you doing here?" Vivian asked, but no words were uttered back.

"What, are you sleep walking or something?" Damon questioned, about to touch her shoulder, Bonnie turns around and faces them. Before any of them could do anything, Bonnie held out her hand and twisted it, and immediately Vivian and Damon groan out in pain and fall to the ground.

"Bonnie!" Vivian grunted out, as she held her hands against her throbbing head. She wished she acted quicker. Maybe she could've used her own power to stop Bonnie going in. Maybe, if she was fast enough, she could've stopped Bonnie from finishing Esther's spell and turning Alaric. But she wasn't. And she couldn't do anything about it. And when all was said and done, Vivian watched as Damon used his blood to save Bonnie from being drained out by Alaric.

Just when she thought things were falling into place. After forgiving Damon, and after everything else, she thought they were home free, for at least a little while. But she was wrong. And down another path of death and destruction.