•• Chapter Twenty Six ••

Vivian woke with a small groan. Her head was pounding as she slowly sat up. Confusion and ultimately anger consumed her being as she tried to understand what the hell just happened.

"Viv." The familiar voice caused her to turn her head to the side. Katherine was beside her, kneeling down before Damon, whom was unconscious.

"What happened?" Vivian asked, moving towards him, she sent the girl a glare and lightly shook him.

"Uh." Damon slowly stirs awake. "What the hell happened?" He asked. Vivian rolled her eyes.

"I'm trying to figure that out." She says,
Looking to the other woman in the room.

"He's gone." He says, and Vivian assumes she's talking about Klaus's, because the only thing she recalls is seeing him and then blacking out. "He went to do the ritual. I'm sorry, I had to. He would've known I was on vervain if I didn't do it."

"Do what?" Vivian and Damon ask in unison.

"Klaus." She says, looking between Damon and Vivian. "He made me call her to lure her out. He needed another vampire."

"Who did you call?" Vivian asked, raising a brow.

Her silence only irritated Damon, so he grabbed her arm and repeated the question. "Who did you call, Katherine?"

(Merges with the next episode, season 2 episode 21-the sun also rises)

"He should've used me. Why didn't use me. Or Vivian, or you..."" Damon grumbled, as he stood up from the ground. Vivian shook her head as she did the same.

"He could've used anyone else. He's using her on purpose" Vivian says, her words come out fast.

"He couldn't." Katherine says. "Damon, he said you were as good as dead."

"What does that mean?" Vivian asked

"What does it mean?" Katherine said, looking between the two. Her eyes swimming with mixed and unreadable emotions. However, she grabbed his arm and shoved up his sleeve. Vivian's eyes widen at the sight of his arm.

"It's a werewolf bite." Damon says, softly. His head turns to Vivian and not even caring that Katherine is there, he checks her over for any bites of her own. Weirdly, but also not really surprising to Vivian, she was clear. 

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine says, staring down at Damon's arm. Vivian sighed. She's seen one before. A friend of hers, had gotten bit and died.

"Yep." Damon says.

"It's not that bad." Katherine says.

"Will be." Damon says, rolling down his sleeve, his eyes glance towards Vivian, who's been quite.

"So that's it? You're just gonna die?"

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" Damon asked. Katherine slowly shook her head.

"Me either."'

Damon turned and grabbed his jacket and slowly put it on. His mind racing as he watched Vivian look away from him. In front of him, stand two people he's ever truly loved. The thought of finally getting the possibility of death was a weird thought for him.
The fact that he'd been chasing both woman for years, and after getting at least one of them back, it seemed right on par for him to not even have the opportunity to embrace it.