•• Chapter Twenty Two ••

Vivian walked along Elena and Elijah

       Vivian walked along Elena and Elijah. Her heels continues to skin into the damp grass below them as the crossed the big lawn. Her mind hummed as she continues to listen to the Original explain their origin. A story she's herd countless times through her years.

  In her pocket she could feel the beeps and vibration. No doubt it being either of the Salvatore brothers. She was amazed at the whole concept of cell phones.
She couldn't help but think that perhaps if they were made earlier on time, she would've had one and when she was taken away, she would've been able to call the brother and simply wait for their rescue.

However, unfortunately for her, things couldn't turn out that way. No matter how much she dreams of it.

"Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing." Elijah says, stoping mid way, causing Vivian to abruptly halt her steps. Embarrassingly, because she was so lost in her mind, she had bumped into Elena's back. "Answer it, please." He says, handing Elena the phone.

Shaking her head, Vivian smiles smallish and turns herself towards the edge of the small pond. A memory playing in her mind as she reflects into the murky water.

"Stefan." Elena's voice starts off annoyed, but then suddenly changes. "No. No, no, I—okay, I'll be right there." Hanging up, Elena turns to Vivian and then to Elijah. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

"I'm afraid that wasn't part of the Day's arrangement."

"She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word."

There's a silence that passes between them. Watching from a far, Vivian darts her eyes between the pair. Both stuck in their own ways and not willing to play each others games. But when it comes to family, no one seems to back down.

"That doesn't mean anything to me unlit you live up to it."

  Elena nodded and took off. Vivian, who debated going with her, beat herself and decided to stay. With a small sigh, she turned and looked back to the pond.

  "You are staying?" Elijah asked, walking up beside her. Vivian nodded.

   "I am. I'm sure Elena is capable by herself."

  "Yes, I'm sure." Elijah says.

"Are you going to tell her the full story?" Vivian asked, playing with the hem of her sleeve.

"Perhaps." He speaks.

  "She's not Katherine....you know that right?" Vivian says, even though she's sure he knew that, she felt the need to say it, just in case anyway.

"I am aware."

Vivian hummed. "Yet you seem to be enhanced under a spell."