•• Chapter Nine ••

1970??

   Vivian Reyes wiped her mouth clean

Vivian Reyes wiped her mouth clean. The fresh blood now coating the back of her hand. The alley dark. The sounds of the city loud. The sun had set a while ago. And in New York, the city life was hustling and on the move. With a satisfied sigh, she looked down at the now dead fool, shaking her head, she let out a soft laugh.

"That was entertaining." A sudden voice breaks through Vivian's thoughts. With her senses heightened, she knew who was standing behind her.

"Miss Katherine." She says, turning around. "I wasn't sure when you'd find me. Do you have what I asked for?"

"Of course I do." She says, walking up towards her. She placed a ring in her hand and Vivian couldn't help but smile.

"You're sure it'll work?" slipping the ring onto her finger, she looked up to the mysterious woman in front of her.

Katherine laughed, it echoed down the alley and Vivian rolled her eyes at the woman she's only met a few times ago. She wouldn't go as far as to saying they were friends. Not in the slightest. But, since meeting each other, they each had a habit of using each other. And that's what was happening now.

Since Vivian's escape from the infamous Augustine Society, she was different. A vampire, they told her she was. She didn't believe them. Until the crave for blood led her to her first kill. Then the next. And then the next.

The only problem, she could only hunt at night. Until she caught word of someone like her being able to walk during daylight. And since then, she just had to find them. And she did. She found Katherine.

"Of course it will. Now, I must be going. Places to be, people to see." Katherine says, without her even saying anything else, she is gone in a flash.
Vivian twisted the new ring on her finger. The design simple yet elegant. A black gem small in the middle. A smile found its way onto her lips. Along with it, a longing and lonely feeling in her gut.

Reaching her hand towards her neck, she grasped the pendant that stayed there. Her heart flutters but her mind tries to focus on anything else. But it was hard to not think of Stefan and Damon Salvatore. Let along to try and forget them. And after all these years of being separated, she needed to find them. They needed to know she wasn't dead. Well, she needs them to know she's alive.

⚜️⚜️⚜️