•• Chapter Twenty Eight ••

Vivian giggled as she lay in her bed. Her heart fluttered as she moves closer to the warmth that lays next beside her. Blue eyes shine with love as he stair at the woman next to him. The room was light. The curtain blocked most of the sun, but still let a little light in. It was probably mid day. Stefan was out helping his father with something, neither cared to ask about. All they cared, well, all that Vivian cared, was that he was coming back when he was done.  

It was their time alone now. Their time to tell each other secrets. To tell each other anything they wanted.

"What do you think it's like to die?" Vivian asked, her voice hushed as the house creeks. It was empty.  Her father was gone by dawn.

"Whoa." Damon said, brushing his hand through his hair. "Weird question."

"Sorry. I was just thinking out loud." She tells him.

"I don't really know." He answers anyway.

"Me either. I think it'll be like going to sleep. You know?"

"Yeah. Let's change the subject though. Seth isn't really in the cards today, it won't be for a while." He said. He smiled, turning so he was now hovering over her, she blushed.

"Then what's on the cards for today?"

"How long until Stefan comes back?" He asks

"An hour at most."

"Perfect."

—-

She walked slowly down the stairs. The morning after the chaos of the last week had sunk in and eventually they all finally realized they were stuck. Their one plan to take Klaus down was demolished by blood.

She understood. Of course she did. But now, now things were even worse. And now that he still walked the earth, there was no telling what he had up his sleeve for them. It was inevitable he would retaliate.

They planned to kill him for crying out loud. And it was almost working. Until Elijah highjacked the plan in the name of his sibling's whereabouts.

There was more. Jenna was dead. And Damon was still bit. They were lucky with how they saved Elena. But there was no cure for a werewolf bite. And unfortunately, Vivian couldn't help but think they were doomed.

When she made it down the king stair case, her eyes widen at the sight she was staring at. With her vampire speed, she rushed over towards Damon and knocked him out of the sun rays.

"Let go." He said to her, as she held him with all her strength. It was then Stefan came by to see what the crash was.

"You're not doing this, Damon."

"Yeah, well, I just did." Vivian groaned in annoyance and slammed him harder against the wall. Tiredly, Damon didn't seem to want to fight back. "You guys know what happened to Rose." He says. Vivian shook her head.

"I just got you back." Vivian tells him. "I don't care what happened to someone else. Slowly, she let go, which, in hindsight was a mistake. He moved so quickly she couldn't catch him. But thankfully, Stefan did.

"She's right. You're not dying today." He says. With ease, Stefan tosses Damon into the cell near by and closes the door and locks it.

"What's the plan, Superman?" Damon grumbled

"I'm gonna find a way out of this." He tells him.