•• Chapter Thirty Nine ••

The house was quiet when Vivian entered the Salvatore house. Rebekah no where to be found as she looked around the living room's and bedrooms. When she reached her own, she let out a tired breath and turned her head to where the bed was, a familiar figure already making a dent in the mattress. "So..." Vivian started, moving slowly, she sat beside him.

  "So," Damon parrots.

"This Lexi-rehab thing, was pretty much a shitshow, right?"

"Pretty much." Damon said, flatly. "can we really get Klaus back?"

"Yeah, I mean, possibly. If Stefan's convincing enough."
Damon sighed and turned to look at her, a mix of unreadable emotions expressed his face.  Just like her's. the air shifted lightly and Vivian had no idea what to say next. What to do. So, instead of hurting her brain over it, she turned and looked over to Damon, "I'll make sure he's convincing." She said, standing up from the bed.

"Good." Damon said, though he grabbed her arm before she could leave the room, she turned and looked over at him with a questioning look, but before anything, he moved in and connected their lips, closing the distant space between them.

It's a long time before they pull away from each other. Breathless, Vivian walks away and heads into Stefan's room. The door opens slowly and she noticed him sitting on the chair, phone in hand, however not ringing. She ignored the stabbed vampire laying on the carpet.

"Are you gonna to call him?" She asked him, sitting the on the arm of the chair. Stefan turned to her, noticing something in her eyes but doesn't have the slightest idea what it could possibly be.

"Is he going to answer?" He asked her.

"If it's you?" She said, raising a brow at him.
He sighed, and punched in Klaus's number and let it ring. When he picked up, he was put on speaker.

"Portland is fantastic," he said, "once you get over the whiney music. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"You're father's dead." Stefan stated.

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father. And not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus said, in a rather scarily, yet calmly voice. Vivian and Stefan share a look as they mentally remember what had went down only a few hours ago.

-

"I want to talk to Rebekah." Klaus demands.

"That's no a problem." Stefan said, as the others all pile into the room. "She's right here." Stefan walked over to the blonde and handed her the phone, Vivian watched as she took it hesitantly.

"Hello, Nik." She speaks

"Rebekah, love." He responded, Loud and clear. Vivian turned to Damon, who was looking over to Stefan, who was already looking at Vivian.

"What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Rebekah looked over to the three, Elena nodded in reassurance and Rebekah continued.

"It's true." She said. "He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." Vivian knew that was half true.

"I'll be home soon." Klaus says

"Good. I'll see you then, brother." Rebekah hung up the phone and handed it back to Stefan. "He bought it." She says to Elena, "he's coming home."

Now? Was that easy or what?" Damon said, looking between Stefan and Elena.

"Let's just get this over with." Elena said, bending down slowly, she reached of the handle of the dagger implanted in Mikael and pulled it out.

———

    Vivian contently sighed as the burning hot water cascaded down her skin. The steam rose upwards and escaped through the opening of the shower, expanding outwards and filling up the large bathroom with fog. She wanted to stay in longer, but as voices started filling her ears, she huffed in annoyance and turned the water off.

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us," Elena's voice traveled between the glass door of the sliding shower.  She wasn't sure why they all had to do this stuff in Damon's room, however she was only in there because he had one of the bigger bathrooms and Vivian liked her space.

"Oh, really?" Damon replied, with sarcasm dripping off his tongue. "Because those Original vampires are usually so reliable."

"Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now, but he is her brother."

"Her lying, mama-killing, dagger-happy brother." Damon drones. "Wolfsbane's ready."

"There are too many things that can go wrong."Elena said, just as Vivian reached for her white fluffy towel which hung on the handle.

"Oh, because all of our plans have gone right, so far?" Vivian muttered, stepping out of the shower and wrapping the towel around her self, she smiled when she caught Damon's eyes looking over her.

"There are too many people that can make it go wrong." Elena added, turning her head away from Vivian and looking back to the equipment in front of her.

"Well," Damon said, clearing his throat. "I am formulating a secret contingency plan."

"Really? What is it?"

"Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret." Damon nodded his head towards the bathroom door and just as he did, Stefan popped in, his eyes quickly turn towards Vivian and she felt herself smirk as she watched Stefan do just as his brother did a few seconds ago.

"I need to borrow a tie." Stefan said, after looking away. Vivian clutched her towel tighter around herself as she walked past him and into Damon's room, where she had her outfit laid out on the bed. The air filled with something Vivian couldn't quite read as she left.  But if she were to guess what she was sensing, it would have to be something close to jealousy.

"You have your own ties." Damon told his brother.

"I'm 162 years old and I'm going to a homecoming dance." Stefan said, "I need better ties."

"You could not go." Elena said

"He's compelled to protect you, it wouldn't make any sense for him not to go." Vivian said, reentering the bathroom, now dressed in high waisted jeans and a low cut black top. Her hair wet and clinging to her exposed shoulders.

"Right, and if we look at your track record at high-school dances, it's pretty tragic." Stefan adds, "with my luck, you'll go and get yourself murdered by the homecoming Queen."  Vivian rolled her eyes and walked over to the sink where they were making their defence weapons for the night. She watched as Damon and Elena played a quick game of tug-a-war while Stefan came back with a few ties.

"Please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfs and grenades." He said, turning to Vivian, he placed a dark tie up to his chest, he switched  between the two.

"Never you mind, brother. The less you know, the better." Damon said.

"My freedom from Klaus...rests entirely upon you two executing your plan perfectly. So excuse me if I'm a bit cynical." Vivian grabbed the two ties that he was discarding and put them on the other side of the bed.

"You're the one that we should be worried about." Elena said to him, "if Klaus asks you one wrong question, this whole thing falls apart."

"You do have reason to worry. But if I look back at our history of epic plan failures..." Stefan says, looking mostly towards Damon, "it's usually because one of us let out humanity get in the way. So if I'm taking odds on how this thing goes down...it's certainly not gonna be me who screws it up."

——