•• Chapter Thirty Four ••

"Welcome home." Klaus said, as the back of the truck opened, Vivian squinted at the light as it glazed down at them. The town square looked the same as it did when she left. People lingered the streets and we're blind as to what was happening right in front of them.
Back in Mysic Falls. With Stefan unhinged and Vivian unsure of herself and those around her, what could possibly go wrong.

As Stefan hoped out of the truck, Vivian is about to do the same when Klaus grabs her arm to stop her. She eyes his face, waiting for him to say what he wanted.

"You''ll watch after my sister. And that boyfriend of yours." He warns. She pulls her arm back from his grasp and crossed them over her chest.

"Or what?" She challenged. Klaus smirked and shook his head.

"I think you know." He put his hand on her shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Do as told pr I compel you to forget."

Vivian stepped back. His threat causing something to stir in her. "Forget what?" She asked, needed to know even though she had a guess already.

"Everything." He said, with a smile. And with a small shoved, Vivian backed and exited the truck. Stefan long gone by now, surly doing something to kill his urges.

"Have fun." Klaus says last. Closing the truck, leaving her standing on the side of the road. Anger bubbles in her chest as she spreads towards the boarding house.

——-

   "Ah, I see you've also returned." The familiar voice of Damon filled her ears once she finally reached the familiar house. Nothing changed since she's seen it and she was glad of the familiarity of the place. She pushed open the glass door that leads into Damon's bedroom.
She's like to say that she's changed since the last. She saw him. Physically, there was a slight growth regarding his hair, but Vivian definitely sensed a shift in his personality and mind. Something was different and she knew exactly what it was.

"I have. So has Stefan...for the most part." She muttered the last bit of her words softly. But Damon nodded in understating. His hand reached the back of his neck as they now stood silently in front of each other.  Vivian remembered why the awkwardness has occurred. "We'll talk about this when I come back." Her words were about the kiss they shared. The deep and intimate kiss.  Things were complicated now. And she knew it was because of a special doppelgänger.

"Are you...uh...unhinged...?" Damon smirked at his use of word. Vivian rolled her eyes and walked over to the bed. The comfy bed she's only ever been in once with someone else. 

"No. I promise." She tells him. "Tell me you have a plan of some sort." 

Damon shrugged his shoulders. Placing a finger to his lips, as if telling her to shush, she ultimately understands.  Nodding her head, she sighs and closes her eyes full of tiredness.

"Hey—" Damon says, and Vivian groans in annoyance.

"What?"

"Remember.....what happened before you left?" He asks her, causing her to sit up with a raised brow and a playful grin. Of course she did. She just wondered if he's been thinking about it just as much as she had been. Despite the elephant across town.

"Yes. What about it?"

"Nothing." He said quickly. She knew it definitely wasn't nothing. He was in love with Elena. She knew he was. But maybe he was still in love with her. Because of course.

"You sure?"

"Yep." He says. "I guess I'll sleep in the guest room."

"Oh, you don't—" he's gone before she even finishes her sentence. She shrugged her shoulders and fell back onto the bed.

—-

Vivian groaned as she woke up to loud music. In anger, she grabbed the closeted thing on her side table and threw it at the wall. Whatever was in her hand smashed and caused Damon to poke his head from behind the door. "Wakey wakey." He said, his own annoyance evident in his face and mild tone voice.

"I'm gonna kill him." She mumbled.

"Good luck with that." Damon says, leaving her to get ready for the day that was already off to a crappy start.

As the two venture down the stairs, Vivian stops at the two body's blocking the last steps. She shakes her head. Disappointed and angry at what's been going on lately. Stefan was no longer the Stefan she knew and once loved.

The sound of girls giggles reached her ears once she and Damon rounded the corner. A game of bloody twister had been unleashed in the living room, Stefan sat on the couch with the wheel. "Uh-oh." He uttered, his tone playful, "Alexandra. Left hand, please."

A woman walked over towards the ringmaster and offered her wrist to him.

"Hey, the two brunette in the staircase own me a Persian rug." Damon says, observing his brother with an unknown expression.

"You mean they owe us a Persian rug. It's my house, too, brother." Stefan resorted back, with a smirk as he looked between the two of them. "Oh, would you like a spin?" He asked, holding it the wheel.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?" Damon asked.

"Definitely something he wouldn't say no too." Vivian says.

"Guys. These ladies are helping me be all that I can be." Stefan says. Vivian and Damon roll their eyes when there's a knock of the wooden door. It opens, and Vivian watches as a flash of Blonde passes past them.

"Where's Stefan and Vivian?" She asks, ignoring Damon when he asks who she is.

"He left me here." She says, to the two of them. "My brother actually left me here."

"I'm sorry, your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care." Stefan says, smirking proudly at her. The woman turns to Vivian, who shrugged her shoulders. She knew she was left here. It was her job to know.

"You're Klaus's sister?" Damon asks, walking up beside the two woman.

"Rebekah." She says, turning to face the older brother. "Pleasure, I'm sure." She turns back toVivian and Stefan. Her face full of annoyance.

"Which one's my room?" She asks

"Uh—" Vivian doesn't know what to say.

"You're not staying here." Stefan laughs.

"Rude." She says, looking between the brothers. "Both of you. I'll just stay in Vivian's room." She, with her bags in her hand, walks away.

"Enjoy your roommate." Stefan says.

Vivian's lips turned into a thin line as she turned and looked to Damon. "I'm gonna kill him." She says, pointing to his brother.

"Get in line."

——

A little update after Christmas as promised. More to come!  Now....big question here......do I or do I not write a One Tree Hill fic? (If you've never watched it, do it! But if you have...please let me know 😅)