•• Chapter Forty Seven ••

The door opened swiftly and Vivian was met with the delighted face of Elijah. With each brother at her side, they plastered the best fake smile they knew how to give and waited until they were let into the house. "Vivian, Dear, I hope you don't mind, I invited a mutual friend of ours." Klaus said, as the three enter the house. Vivian rolls her eyes as she tightness her grip on Stefan and Damon. The very action slipping past her and happened unexpectedly.

"So, Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold." Klaus says as he leads them towards a long dining table decorated with plays full off food.  "Now. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"

"Always going out of your way, aren't you Klaus?" Vivian said, as she shook her head.

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah mutters, as he walks past them. Stefan and Damon turn back to Elijah.

"I didn't, uh, come here today, Klaus." Stefan is quick to deny. Probably start on his end.  "In fact, I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to..." he said, looking to Damon and Vivian, who each sent him a smile.  "Because you would hear us out."

Klaus chuckled. "Well, we can sit and eat..." Vivian watched with a tight lip as blonde woman pulled out a chair for him. "Or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."

"I say we eat."  Vivian smiles.

  The sounds of the fire crackling mixes with the sound of forks and knifes hitting plates. The feast displayed in front of them was dished out and served with a glass of wine that Vivian wished was blood. The tension in the air was so heavy it was almost impossible to ignore. "You lost your appetite." Klaus mused, after noticing Stefan hasn't touched a single thing on this plate. Damon was doing as Elijah told them and indulging Klaus by eating much more than Vivian was. This was the plan.

"Come on, eat. I thought we agreed that we'd leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Damon sent a playful smile to his brother who returned it with a scowl. But he then turned to Klaus and gave him his best fake smile and grabbed his for and knife and dug in.

"That's the spirit." Klaus laughs. "Isn't this nice? The five of us dining together. Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind...when you undaggered my brother?"

"Well, I knew how he felt about you. So I figured the more the merrier." Damon replies.

"Well, Elijah and I have had quarrels but we  always make it through."

"Oh, I see." Stefan said, "Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

"If you are referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah."

"How sweet." Vivian said, stabbing a piece of potato with her fork. "I mean, it's the least you could do, isn't it?" Her comment was ignored.

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to think about dialling down the judgement. At least until dessert." Damon said

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. I didn't come here to kiss assess."

"Wow, while we're on the subject of things we did in the past and deals, And since I don't have siblings or murdered any of my parents..." Vivian said, looking towards Klaus, who smirked proudly in her direction. "What was the deal you and my father made that turned him into a hybrid?"

Klaus took a sip of his wine and licked his lips as he put the surely crystal glass down on the table. Stefan and Damon each stopped their movements and watched between the two beside them with wary eyes. Elijah continued eating his food and drinking his drink, which caused Vivian truly believe he had nothing to do with this. She knew it wasn't as important as their situation, but they needed more time to stall Klaus.