•• Chapter Thirty Eight ••

The music is loud in Vivian's ears as the trio enter the bar. Damon talks with Elena over the phone for a good few seconds before hanging up on her, they walk up to the bar.
"What are we drinking? Hopefully something a little bit warmer. A little blonder." Stefan asks, as a blond bartender approaches with a smile.
Vivian rolls her eyes, scoffing as she sits in a chair a few seats away from the two.

"Hi." The blond beams, glancing over the three

"Hello, Callie." Damon smiles he reads her name tag. "I would love two shots of your best whiskey. And my brother here would love a shot of you." He says, holding out her arm to his brother.

"Classy." Vivian muttered, realizing he was compelling her. Poor girl, Vivian thought. She had no clue what she was in for.

"What's the catch, Damon?" Stefan asked, looking between him and the arm.

"No catch, brother. Drink up. It's on me." Stefan raised a brow and looked over to Vivian, the woman shook her head and held up her hands, she had no idea what Damon's endgame was, she was just along for the ride. Vivian watched as Stefan's eyes turned dark, purple veins emerged and with a hungry and desperate look, the younger Salvatore brother accepted the invitation and bit the girls arm.

She gasped in surprise as Damon looked around cautiously, checking to see if there was anyone watching, there wasn't thankfully and Vivian sighed, standing up from her seat, she walked behind the edge of the bar where Callie stood and grabbed three shot glasses and poured some whiskey into them.

Without even thinking, she downed the first two, enjoying the second of peace as the liquid slid down her dry throat. Damon smiled at her, and reached for the third shot, but Vivian was quicker and grabbed it before he could and downed it.

"Nice people get shots." Vivian said, with a smile.

Damon rolled his eyes at her, "I am nice. I bought my brother a deserving drink, blonde, as he even requested."

"Hum, that is nice, but I'm still taking this one. You can get your own." She said, pouring herself one more before leaving the bar to find a table to sit at. Damon sighed and looked over to Callie, who was now free of the feeding vampire. "Bring us your best bottle of whisky to our table, will you?" He compelled, she complied, without hesitation.

Stefan wiped his mouth clear of lingering blood and turned to his brother, "what's the catch?" He repeated.

"No catch. I told you. Just three pals catching up. Having a drink." Damon said, patting his brothers shoulder as he walked away and towards Vivian. Damon sat beside her and Stefan sat on the other side.

"You've been on this bunny diet for the better part of 50 years." Damon stated, leaning back in his chair. "So how is it that Saint Stefan of all people...gets good at a drinking game?"

"Well, the bunny diet," Stefan said, "gave me a lot of time to practice."

"Mm."

"Wallow in despair." Stefan listed, "drowning in guilt." He said, and each time he flipped a coin into a glass in front of him, "and to of course, regret my existence."

"You know much about that, don't you?" Vivian said, mindlessly, as she stacked the many shot glasses she had lingering around the table into a risky pyramid.

"As much as you do, I think." Stefan smiled, reaching over, he tipped over the shot glass that sat perfectly on the top of her structure, sending it to the ground and shattering it, the music was too loud for anyone to even care.

"Rude." She muttered, and crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair with a huff.

"It's simply precision born out of tragic boredom. Drink up, brother and former lover."