•• Chapter Four ••

Vivian smiled as she looked at herself in her mirror

     Vivian smiled as she looked at herself in her mirror. Her dress long and not like any other ones she's ever wore. It was her mothers. She knew that. She had found it hiding in her mother's small closet and had taken it. Unsure when she's get the chance to ever wear it.
But now, because of the first Founding Day party, she had an excuse.

Flattening the wrinkles, Vivian takes a breath as she turns and decided it was time for her to leave. Stefan and Damon should be here soon because they were all going together.

She couldn't wait. She's never really been to a party like this one. She even practiced the dance when she was alone in her room.

Waking down the hall and then down the steps, she could hear voices echoing downstairs. Her father was a popular man. A scientist. One that worked with most of the founding family members. Mr.Gilbert. A man she's familiar with is almost always scene with her father. Alongside Stefan and Damon's father as well. She was used to guests always being in her home.

But among those voices, there's two she hears and can't help but smile. Walking down the final steps, she walks forwards towards the group of men in the living room. Dressed in nice outfits as she is. They were to join the party after.

"Vivian." Stefan says, noticing her first. He smiles, brightly at the sight of her. She blushes, smiling back at him. She could also feel Damon's glaze on her as she approached. He stands to the side of Stefan and watches with captivating eyes.

"You look beautiful." He tells her, taking her hand and holding it in his, he kisses her knuckles and the same feeling fills within her as she thinks back to the first time he did this.

"He's right. You look ravishing." Damon says, kindly, causing heat to make its way onto her cheeks. She's thankful she already had a light coat of blush on so that it's not noticeable.

"Shall we head out then, now that your ready?" Stefan asks, offering his arm to her.

"I guess we should." She says, taking it. She turns to her father, who still speaking with the men. Not paying an ounce of attention to her. Her heart sinks. Her mind wonders to a question that's been in her brain since she's returned home. What had happened to the kind man her father once was?

"Come on. We don't want to be late." Stefan says, lightly. Seeing her looking towards her father, He immediately feels the need to make her feel better. And so, gently, he nudges her arm and the three are off towards the Lockwood mansion to join the festivities.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

As the three come up to the mansion, Vivian can feel her nerves as they spike. She hasn't been around this many people since she was in school. And even then she had hated being around this many people. She always found people too nosey. She hated being the topic of gossip.