•• Chapter Fifty eight ••

The sound of chipper dance music filled Vivian's ears as she, Stefan and Damon enter the high school. Children around her dressed in appropriate attire to the theme. Her eyes scanned the crowd and found Bonnie dancing with a boy she didn't recognized. They seemed like they were having fun.

"I've always tried to block out this time period." Stefan muttered, as he looked around, probably for any form of danger.

"Oh, Vivian, I know you're just Itching for a dance." Damon smirks. "How's this for that Damon style apology?" Vivian did her best
To hide a smile. Instead, she scoffed and said,

"Well, yes. But not with you." Vivian grabbed Stefan's hand and dragged him towards the empty space in the crowd. When the dance song ended, a slow one played and Vivian was only a little disappointed she had to not show off— in her option — her cool dance moves. She guessed a slow dance was good enough.

"I think you hurt his feelings." Stefan muttered, softly into her ear. As they did a small turn she caught Damon's distance glance. She sighed and shook her head.

"Yeah, well he hurt mine first." Vivian says.

"True. You know, if you wanted my opinion—"

"I don't."

"Viv.—"

"He needs to understand he can't just let other girls kiss him when he's already spoke for." She says, loud enough so she knew Damon could hear her. Vivian felt calm despite her words lacing with anger. Dancing with Stefan remained her of the past. Of a simpler time.

"Hate to interrupt." A voice brings Vivian out of her mind and she and Stefan stop dancing to stare at Elena. She stands with an urgent look upon her face. Vivian sighs and she and Stefan follow her and Damon towards the empty school hall. 

"What's this about?" Vivian says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Alaric." Elena answered, "if he's sick, we need to find a cure. Something."

"We tried medicine, magic." Damon listed.

"Why don't we him off vervain?" Suggested Stefan, "compel him."

"To do what? Pretend to be Alaric? The guy we know is gone. We're talking about someone who hates vampire...vampire sympathizers. Which makes one of his obvious targets, I don't know," Damon says, and turns to Elena, "you."

"What, you think he'd go after Elena?" Stefan asks

"So, what are you suggesting we do?" Questions Elena.

"I suggest we put him out of his misery."

"What?"

"Might I add, if it's Damon suggesting such a thing...maybe he has a point—" Vivian says, which causes Elena to glare at her.

"No way in hell." Jeremy Gilbert objected, as he came up beside his sister.

"Oh, come on. It's what he would want. It's a mercy killing." Damon defends.

"You are out of your mind."

"Jeremy." Elena says, but her brother
Isn't hearing any of it and turns away from her. Quietly, she goes after her brother.

"Vivian." Damon says, when it's just the three of them standing in the hall. Vivian stands and waits for him to continue. "I wanted to—"

"Guys, come quick!" The urgent voice of Jeremy immediately puts a pause on his words and Vivian almost lets the urge to kill the younger Gilbert take over. But without another uttered word, the three follow Jeremy outside.
The boy walks past the red carpet that leads into the school, but as Stefan, Damon and Vivian move to follow him, they're stopped by an invisible shield.