•• Chapter Fourteen ••

Vivian stood awkwardly near the staircase as Damon paced beside Elena. The vampire woman had no idea what was really going on, she had followed Damon because she knew he didn't want to be with Katherine, and she didn't either.
It was still strange, as she stares blankly at the back of Elena's head. The similarities were uncanny...it was freaky and unnerving at the same time.

"How did you guys even convince her to do this?" Elena asked, worry clear in her tone as she looked shaken and stressed. Vivian sighed.

"It was her idea." Vivian answered. 

"That's not good." Elena mutters.

"Not good at all." Damon says.

After a bit of silence, Elena turned to face the unfamiliar woman. Vivian shifted under her glare.

"Who is she again? Why is she here?" She asked, turning to Damon.
Damon sighed, his pacing stopped as he looked from Elena and Vivian. "She's a friend." He says, which causes Vivian to roll her eyes.

"A friend?" Elena questions

"Ex lover...if you will...."

"How long ago..." Elena asked, looking from Damon to Vivian.

"Before.." Damon said.

"Before? What does—"

Vivian groaned lightly as she listened to her rapid questions. She had enough.

"Way before Katherine; I was with both of them before my father sold me to something called the Augustine Society, they turned me into a vampire and then I met Katherine, and she introduced me to Klaus, I was with him until they both betrayed me...so now I want him dead just like you....so can we stop playing 20 questions or can we get on with whatever this thing is?" Vivian says, ignoring the smile Damon was sending her way. Elena, to Vivian's annoyance, rolled her eyes and turned back to Damon. Silence filled the room again and just as it did, Stefan finally came back into the room.

"Everything's taken care of." He announced, as he and Katherine come back down the stairs.

"I'm guessing you want this back." Katherine says, taking of the necklace she was wearing around her neck. "But your pretty little outfit is going to need a good dry-clean."

Elena stomped up towards her and grabbed the silver chain. Damon came and stood beside Vivian, his arm casually lifting up and resting against her shoulders. She ignored the flutters, and the familiar feeling it gave her as he did so.

"You're gonna have to get her out of here before Jenna gets home." Elena says.

Stefan nodded, and Vivian shifted on her feet as she suddenly felt his eyes on her. A look she could once read was unidentifiable now as she looked over to him.

"Is that all you have to say to me?" Katherine asked, clearly already irritated.

"This doesn't change the way I feel about you." Elena says.

"I don't much like you, either, if we're going to be open. And frankly, I'd be happy to see you dead...but if we're going to try to take on Klaus, we kind of need you to be alive." Katherine says, "so I'm not a threat to you, Elena."

Vivian shook her head. The conversation alone giving her a throbbing headache. The need for a drink weighed heavily in her as she shoved Damon's arm off her and sighed. She felt his eyes on her as she did so but chose to ignore them.

"If any of you are going to believe anything, believe that." Katherine finished.

——