•• Chapter Twenty Five ••

"Damon, would you like to, uh, come in?" Alaric asked, stating outside the apartment door. Vivian sighed as she stood beside him. Kathrine stood inside, eyeing the three with a curious yet sceptical glance.

"Of course, only if Vivian here can join me?"

"Be my guest." He says, and the invisible shield is broken once they step in.

"Are you two trying to get me killed?" Katherine exclaimed, once the two were inside.
Vivian smile, watching as she looked between the two of them. Damon smiled as he reached his hand towards Katherine's throat. He rushed forwards and slammed her against the wall.

"I gave you vervain and I'm here to collect." He demands. "I got it from here, Ric." Dame says.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Only one of us needs to get blamed for this."

"What about Vivian?"

"We're sort of a package deal at this point." Damon says, smiling back towards Katherine. "Get back to the house. Keep Elena from handing herself over." Katherine had finally pushed Damon off of her.

"Get blamed for what?" She asked, looking between her two former lovers.

"I need to know where Klaus is keeping his werewolf." Damon says.

"Why? What are you gonna do?"

"A dead werewolf equals no ritual." He tells her. 

"No. You can't interfere, Damon. Tell him." She says, looking towards Vivian. Vivian put her hands up in defence.

"I've tried." She said.

"Klaus will kill you and everyone you've ever met. Starting with her." Katherine said, pointing at Vivian.

"I just need to delay this thing."

"No. No way."

"You should like this. It's gonna but another month of your pathetic life." Says Damon

"Right. Except that I'm not the vampire he's planning on sacrificing." Kathrine turned to face them.

"What do you mean?" Vivian asked

"Yeah he's got Caroline Forbes...and Tyler Lockwood. Therefore, I'm in the clear."

"And where did he get that idea from?" Damon asks, stalking towards her.

"Hey, hey, I'm just trying to stay alive long enough to get myself out of here." She says, in defence.

"Yeah, at the cost of other lives." Vivian mutters, shaking her head. 

Damon scoffed. "What if...what if I told you Elena had vampire blood in her system?"

"What?" Katherine exclaims

"Imagine how much fun that'll be...competing with Elena for Stefan's love for, I don't know, forever." Damon says, smiling.

"The tomb." Katherine says, eventually. She sighed. "He's got them in the tomb."

"Thank you." Vivian says.

—————

Vivian halted her steps as she entered the tomb. Moving some rocks, she continued her way down the dark tunnel and finally, she had reached where Caroline and Tyler were being held. A flash of déjà vu washed over her as she made herself known.

"Vivian?" Carolin had asked, once she noticed the familiar face. The brunette smiled.

"At your service." She says, walking forward. Bending down, she got to work at the chains that hold Caroline.

"Boy's outside with a rifle...loaded with wooden bullets." Damon's voice sounded after she had set the blonde free. "You have explaining to do."

"What? Matt?"

"Matt knows about you?" Tyler asks,

"No, I—"

"Shh. Tomorrows problem. Why don't we get you out of here?"

Getting up, the trio was about to leave.

"Wait, I'm not leaving without him." Caroline says, looking over to Tyler.

"Ugh." Damon groans. "It's getting dark soon. How fast can you get away from here?"

"I need to get to my family's cellar. I can lock myself up."

"I'll help."

Damon sighed and bent down towards Tyler. "Don't make me regret this."

—————