•• Chapter Thirty Two ••

1900 something

  "Are you sure she'll do it?" Vivian asked the woman in front of her. The club was closed and the party goes we're stumbling home. She sat with a drink in her hand. Her fingers empty and lightly shaking.
The singer smiled as she poured herself a glass.

"Despite what she is, she's mostly true on her word. You need a daylight ring, she can get it for you. I promise."

"So far, you've been the nicest witch I've come across."

Gloria smiled, "you're not so bad yourself for your kind. I knew a few, and they can be quite annoying."

Vivian nodded and downed her shot. Her eyes looked around the place she sat. The club was dead quiet unlike it was just an hour ago. She wasn't one for parties. Or anything that was too extreme.

"You've got that right. Now, one more drink and I'll be off. A friend is waiting for me."

"A friend, huh? Is this a special friend, are another heart your going to break?"

Vivian smiled softly. "Just a friend. A good friend."

"Cheers to friends." Gloria says, raising her glass.

——-

  The bar looked the same, but also there was clearly a different tone to it as the three walked in slowly. The dust floating in the sunlight casted a shadowy light in the darkness.
"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." The deep voice of a familiar sound catches her hears. She can't help but smile.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender—" Vivian turned to Klaus at his lame attempt at a joke.

"Stop." Gloria says. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you." She says, looking towards Stefan. Vivian turned to him too...her heart flutters as she starts to think that they might've just crossed paths back then. Two ships in the night.

"Yeah." Stefan says, nodding his head as a memory flashes past him. "You're Gloria."

"Mm-hm."

"Shouldn't you be—?"

"Old and dead?" She answers, with a smile. "Now, if I die, who's gonna run this place?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus says.

"I can slow the age down some. Herbs and spells. But I know it'll catch up with me one day."

"Stefan, what don't you and Vivian make us a drink down at the bar?" Klaus asked, looking towards the two. Vivian rolled her eyes but followed Stefan down the small stairs and towards the bar.

"You were in Chicago when I was in Chicago." Vivian says. Grabbing a bottle of vodka. Stefan turns to face her, though he kept his ears open on Klaus and Gloria. "I was?" He asked Vivian, who stood looking at some of the old pictures pinned on the wall. Her eyes caught one of her and Gloria and she grabbed it.

"I just escaped the society. Just left Klaus and Kat—I needed a delight ring and I figured out Gloria was a witch." She explained. Turning to Stefan. Who looked at her with an unreadable expression. She wished she knew what was going on in his head.

"She told me Katherine knew somebody." Vivian said, playing with her ring on her finger. She sighs as she turns back to the wall of pictures. Her eyes squint in curiosity as she notices something in the corner of her eye.