•• Chapter Forty Three ••

Vivian hummed mindlessly as she waited for the shower to turn hot. Her towel wrapped around her as she reached out her arm and tested the water. Her mind buzzing with something she knew she wasn't used to as she thought back to the previous night. Despite everything else going on in their lives, she was glad there was at least one thing that had been solved and figured out instead of continuing on being a big puzzle.

When the water was finally the perfect temperature, Vivian smiled as she entered, the steam filled the air and fogged up the large room, making it harder for anyone to see anything beyond the glass.

In the mist of her shower, a sudden, pair of hands caught her off guard and almost immediately she knew who they belonged to.

"Damon." She smiled, turning her head slightly to see the darkness of his hair cascading down his face. He smiled back and she feels giddy again. Finally. She thinks. It's been a long time coming. She's waited for decades. Years. Been through torcher and having to witness them fall in love with others until it was her turn again.

"What's got you so chipper this morning?" Damon asked, sliding his hands down her arms. She rolls her eyes playfully.

"Oh, nothing other than the usual."

"Oh, really?" He smirked. Vivian smiled and didn't say anything more as she brought her lips to his and it isn't until the water gets cold so they pull away.

   "You're late." The voice of Stefan fills Vivian's ears as she and Damon exit the bathroom. He ignored Damon who smiled happily towards the closet, humming lightly to himself. Vivian held her towel tightly across her body as she walked across the room. Moving towards the bed, she grabbed her clothes that she laid out and quickly changed into them.

"You guys know we were supposed meet Bonnie at the witch house ten minutes ago." Stefan went on. Vivian rolled her eyes, she turned and noticed the coffee he was holding, without hesitating she grabbed it with a grateful smile.

"Hey, you would be late too if—"

"Relax, brother." Damon dismisses, interrupting Vivian.

"We have work to do. Klaus isn't gonna spontaneously self destruct."  Stefan chided, annoyedly.

"He might if we push the right buttons." Vivian jokes. 

"Right. Funny. Look, we gotta go. Like, yesterday."

"Lead the way, then." Vivian said, smiling towards Stefan, who didn't quite smile back. She made note to talk to him later. But first, they really did have work to do, especially now that Damon was involved with their plans.

     The familiar walk towards the old witches house was some what of a quiet one. The three walked with purpose and with one similar goal in mind. Vivian walked in between the brothers. With Damon on her left, and Stefan on her right. As they reached closer to their destination, Vivian decided to ask something that's been on her mind. She nudged Damon's shoulder to get his attention first and then asked, "you're sure Elena knows nothing?"

Vivian watched as Damon rolled his eyes at her clearly annoying question. "I swear" he said, and Vivian might've believed despite her being doubtful.

"You're sure?" She pressed on, "because if she knows anything—"

"Viv, I haven't even seen Eilean since I compelled Jeremy, so yeah, I'm sure."