•• Chapter Twenty Nine ••

Vivian ran around town square in a frenzy. The warm bodies tempted her to fall of course and choose a victim to quench her thirst. But she knew she needed to find Damon. He wasn't himself. He needed someone to keep him grounded.
The way he craved for Elena though, hurt her like nothing else. She knew she needed to get over it. But she was so confused. She never even got a chance.

"Vivian!" The woman in thought spoke with urgency and fear. She held her hand to her neck and Vivian could only guess what had happened.

"Are you okay? Where's Damon?"
Elena pointed to the body next to her. He lay still on the ground before her and immediately she knelt down and pressed her hand against his cheek. He definitely wasn't okay.

—-

Damon lay in bed. Vivian beside him as she tend to him. Taking back to a time where she was sick and he had taken care of her.
It was funny, well, maybe funny wasn't the right term, but it was inevitable that history would repeat its self. And that's what Vivian concluded was happening. Of course it was.
It was the whole reason they were back in Mystic Falls in the first place.
They had to see for themselves. And so did Vivian.

Love was a fickle thing. She only ever felt it once. And she never really got the chance to fully feel it. But the brothers did. She she saw that.

"Viv?"

In his sleepy haze, Damon turned to her. Elena had gone to get food and water for Damon. Something to do that left them alone.

"Yeah." She said, shifting in her position. His head rested on her shoulder. He let out a small cough. 

"It's happened again." He says, causing her to nod her head in understanding.

"You love her." Vivian said. Plainly. Simply. It was fact.

"But I never stopped loving you." He says. "Neither has Stefan. He loves Elena. And he loved Katherine. But never got over you."

"I didn't either. You already know this, don't you?"

"You're easy to read, Viv. You'll tell him, right? Tell him that you still love him. He'll stay with Elena, obviously...but you'll tell him so he knows."

"Maybe. I—"

"Here's some water. And food. I didn't know what you wanted, so I got a bit of whatever was in your fridge." Elena said, moving forward, she goes to sit on the edge of the bed. She placed a try on the sheets and Damon slowly sits up.

"I feel all princessy with this kind of attention I'm getting." He says, trying to lighten the mood probably. Elena smiles though worry still shows across her face. Vivian was just better at hiding it. She hoped something showed up soon. She wouldn't know what she would do if he died because of this.

"I thought you were dead?" A voice Vivian knows immediately speaks.  The curly haired woman walked forward, raising a brow at her lookalike.

"I was" says Elena Katherine sits on the bed. Vivian is starting to think that maybe it's becoming a bit crowded.

"You got free."Damon said.

"Yep. Finally. Free." Katherine says, sending a look to Vivian. "You are too, I guess. You no longer have to worry about it."

"Lovly. I appreciate it."

Katherine nodded her head and poured some blood into a vail and made Damon drink it. "And you still came here." He said.

"I owed you one." She tells him.

"Where's Stefan?" Elena asks.

"Are you sure you care?"

"What? Of course. Where is he?"

"He's paying for this." She said, shaking the vail in her hands. Vivian stands up. A feeling sunk in her gut. She knew she should've done something instead.

"He gave himself over to Klaus. I wouldn't expect a return from him anytime soon."

"What do you mean, "gave himself over." Elena asked,

"He sacrificed everything to save his brother. It's a Good thing you have Damon here to keep you company. I wonder, is Vivian desperate enough to join? Because it's okay to love them both,." She says, looking to Elena. 
"we certainly did, didn't we?" Katherine smiled as she looked to Vivian and Damon. Then, she left.

And just like that, we're done season 2!

Guys I am blown away by the amount of votes I get daily. It really makes my day and makes me happy knowing I'm doing something right lol

As I try to figure out what happens in season 3, stay tuned for more updates!

Also sorry it's so short, it was just the last bit of the last episode